Liberals also say and do stupid shit

Yeah maybe it’s different in the UK, but in the US @inactive_user is sadly correct for wide swaths of the country. I have friends that even have a half joking term for it, DWB. Driving While Black.

It’s why you hear stories about communities like those outside St Louis, such as Ferguson, where nuisance policing specifically targets poor and minority communities with fines and jailing as a means of revenue generation.

Driving while black? Hell, up here in our fancy suburbs we get 'em for walking while black!

I spent most of my youth and formative years being hassled by the Old Bill on suspicion of possessing a brown skin so even now as a middle age and a professional middle class type I dont trust the fuckers one bit.

Driving, walking… the crime is basically not being white.

Soon you wont be able to buy kitchen knives without going to a store so they can ID you.

No more online blade purchases, it will be illegal to deliver them. I’m waiting for mandatory knife safes or something when they realize that if a kid wants a knife the kitchen is full of them in every household (and my understanding is that kitchen knives are by far the most common knife used in crime).

Screwdrivers will likely be next since they are also commonly used in stabbings.

Heh, I have a Ka-bar USMC fighting knife in my survival pack.

Every elder male in my life has carried a knife with them everywhere they went.

My step-dad was really annoyed when airlines started making him put it in his luggage. All my uncles and even grand parents always had a knife in their pocket. It’s almost like it’s one of the handiest tools you could ever carry and has been since forever.

Yeah, but think about how many planes have been not-hijacked because you can’t carry a Swiss Army knife onboard any more.

I mean… zero since anyone trying it after 9/11 wouldn’t have any willing hostages.

Yeah, I carried a knife with me for basically my entire life, but ended up changing my habit after the TSA confiscated my knife for the second time when I forgot I had it with me when going on a trip.

Yeah, but think of all the turrrrism those brave patriots stopped. One time I almost got a new tube of toothpaste onto a plane, but their unceasing vigilance saved America that day as every day.

I had a knife in my pocket they were going to confiscate from Albuquerque International but the TSA agent let me “bring it back to my car” when he told me outright if he confiscated it i would never get it back. I walked back into the lobby, found a moment when no one was around (fortunately not the busiest airport in the world), and hid it under some faux wood chips in some decorative planter.

It was still there a week later when i looked for it again.

At least some airports have a sort of postal desk right next to the checkpoint, so if prohibited items are found you can just mail them home. I used them at least once to mail home a small multitool that I couldn’t carry on board. I wish me airports had this.

I tried that once heading into Ozzfest when I stupidly had a small Leatherman in my pocket that my father-in-law had given me. I realized on the way to the gate that I’d have to go back to the car (which was a loooooong way back from the door) so I went and buried it near some bushes. Someone must have watched me because it was gone after the show. :(

For decades two items have been on my keychain: a tiny Swiss Army knife/nail file/tweezer set, and a beat-up US Army P38 manual can opener. (In fact, my father gave me the P38 when I was a kid.) I can’t begin to say how many times these items have been useful to me.

Found the turrrrist y’all.

What’s funny is the teeny Swiss Army knife gets stopped by the TSA, but the P38 slides right on through with no comment. I assume most people can’t even figure out what it is, so they just shrug and pass it on.

If only they knew how many times the P38 has stabbed my leg when it’s in my pocket. That thing is a damn ninja blade.

Exactly why I finally got rid of mine. Brings a whole new meaning to the “I fell on my keys!” thing.

On the other side of it, the damn P38 has opened countless cans in my lifetime, and the screwdriver end has helped get my car running long enough to get to a gas station when it broke down on the freeway.