The Thrilling Adventure Hour

Hi all my buddies!
I am not sure if anyone else follows this podcast, but I love this show. Based on old time radio or so they claim, it has been a ton of fun. Whether the awesome science fiction of Sparks Nevada, Marshall on Mars, or the over the top super hero action of Captain Laserbeam (and Philip Fathom) or Paul and Paget as Frank and Sadie, this is a most listen to podcast that I cannot recommend enough.

I only consistently listen to the paranormal investigative couple. That one is consistently hilarious, like The Thin Man with supernatural elements, and even more booze.

You sir are missing out on a lot of fun if you only listen to the Beyond Belief (though it is arguable an awesome show). I really can’t say enough about John Dimaggio’s performance as Captain Laserbeam, or Nathan Fillion’s character - Cactiod Jim. (I love how Mark Evan Jackson wanted to explain the concept of a space western to Nathan Fillion).

oh I have listened to the others and they’re pretty good, I just like Frank and Sadie much more.

Beyond Belief is far and away my favorite. It’s often hilarious, and Paget Brewster and Paul F. Tompkins are both amazing. Sparks Nevada is also really good, and usually worth listening to. Most of the other series don’t live up to those two, in my opinion. The Nazi villians in Amelia Earhart can get some laughs, and occasionally I’ll find something in Captain Laserbeam funny, but overall they’re not as humorous or interesting to me. Also the WorkJuice Coffee ads are fun.

Beyond Belief is the best, but only because Brewster’s Sadie is up there in the pantheon of all time greatest comic characters. She carries that role perfectly, and it’s a fantastic role. Her voice sends shivers down my spine more often than I care to say. But Sparks Nevada and Captain Laserbeam are also superb. TAH is the podcast I evangelise about and look forward to tthe most out of all my many subscriptions. I’m desperately hoping that the special event they’ve been teasing recently is a London show.

(I love how Mark Evan Jackson wanted to explain the concept of a space western to Nathan Fillion).

The “Verse”? That’s ridiculous.

The last episode had Cactiod Jim telling Sparks that he was that greatest space cowboy ever. That, and Paul being in the episode really made it stand out for me.

So, I guess this is old news, but they are closing up shop soon, and touring for a while. That makes me sad, but at least there is supposed to be a pilot in the works for Frank and Sadie.

As long as it’s temporary, I’m delighted. There’s basically no chance of me ever seeing them at Largo, but I presume the international part of the tour will include London.

Maybe it will, maybe it won’t.

Oh no!

Oh yes!

Fuck.

Aargh, so the international tour is real, but it’s going to Australian and New Zealand, not the UK. Arse.

It’s coming back! One new show every month, and something previously unreleased (except to backers) as well. The new stuff won’t be written by Acker and Blacker, either, which is slightly worrying, and it’s not entirely clear whether it will be performed by the usual cast. They didn’t explicitly say soin the announcement, but some of the stuff they said made it sound like the case. On the other hand, they did expressly say they wouldn’t be live shows, and yet Workjuice just put out this. I’m so confused.

Where is Paget Bruster?

That’s what I was wondering. Busy (not Philipps) I assume. But it does suggest that whatever the Workjuice thing is, it isn’t TAH.

They have most of them, but Paget was just too awesome.

Although, as long as they have Phillip Fathom, I guess I will be happy!

First new episode just dropped.

I just began listening to this thanks to the Comedy Podcasts thread, and wow is it funny. I think Sparks Nevada is my favorite so far, but so far everything has just been hilarious.