The Thrilling Adventure Hour

It is a fan favorite (according to the Spark Nevada cast).

Hahahahha

Actually I’m wrong, Beyond Belief is my favorite because Sadie Doyle is THE BEST.

Yup.

Fuck discourse.

I realize that you might not know this, but you are in fact completely and utterly wrong. Not to say that Paget Bruster isn’t the greatest thing since sliced bread, but there is a better series out there.

The best series is and has always been Captain Laserbeam.

Or, the even better spin off series - Phillip Fathom, the Deep Sea Detective.

So far I’ve enjoyed Captain Laserbeam very much.

The one that I’m enjoying the least is the hobo one. Moonshine Holler.

Yeah, I’ve always had the hardest time with Moonshine Holler.

Captain Laserbeam is voiced by John DiMaggio, which is probably why I get a kick out of him.

There are a couple of one offs that you wish there were more of (okay, some of them are more than one offs, but a lot of short lived ones).

As a new listener, where should I jump in or does it matter? My podcast app lists about 55 episodes, but it sounds like there are a lot more episodes than that.

I’d jump in as early as possible, as there are definitely callbacks you wouldn’t want to miss. The only one where the overarching storyline really matters is Sparks Nevada, though.

Ooh, first two episodes of Sparks Nevada released.

“Is this the beginning of Sparks Nevada?”

“Yeah, it is”

Yay!

Aaargh!

For the insatiably curious, I was at this show. It’s…less an EXPERIENCE than it is a bar with a bunch of rooms, a stage for performances, and various opportunities to meet the cast of the show.

For the performance portion, it was the standard Sparks Nevada/something else/Beyond Belief sandwich, all ones that had been done before. But there’s a not-so-secret room with a one-way mirror into the Green Room, karaoke over by the bar, a gambling room where you can win fake money, other rooms where you can have sessions with cast members (I talked with John Hodgman, Paget Brewster, Busy Phillips, and Marc Evan Jackson), and a bunch of people just wandering around randomly.

In retrospect, I wish I had brought something to get signed, since it’s unlikely that an event like this will happen again (or at least, not anytime soon). But I did get to interact with every cast member at one point or another throughout the night.