The trailer for Warpath is crazy pants

5-minute live-action trailer for a mobile game.

Keep in mind that the game looks like this:

Wow! I guess it shows how much cold, hard cash those mobile games bring in. The production values are crazy.

Everyone’s most hated YouTube advertiser “Raid Shadow Legends” has top-notch CG commercials too.

That trailer is just hilarious excess…and honestly I kinda want to play this game at least once, even though I know it’s a craptacular monetized pay-to-win mobile “strategy” game.

Play for free now, my lord.
Pay for our ridiculously over-the-top trailer later, my lord.

That’s the most I’ve laughed today, after seeing the screenshot. Good grief.

I just sent this to my wife this morning. For some reason she doesn’t want to play it.

I have to admit i have a very judgmental and probably prejudicial view of the demographics for these games. But their market is literally the kind of player that sees a number pop up, and that number is a million, and they think it’s awesome (apparently) (notice that “Katherin” above has an HP of a million and a current hp of 920,000… whatever that means).

I tend to believe these games are really global that aren’t that popular in the west, but i don’t really know.

Honestly that trailer’s song is an ear worm. It’s been stuck in my head all day.

Yeah, the monetization of a lot of mobile games is highway robbery. Moreover the sense of value has gone completely out the fucking window and they just set funny money prices on things. Especially if the resources you buy is essentially gambleware.

This amounts to easily spending hundreds of dollars for a very small boost relative to other games.

I feel like they should make movies instead of games. I watched the trailer about five times when I first spotted it two weeks ago.

No way I’m playing their game though.