The Trump Administration and Syria

Yeah, didn’t he spend like half the campaign excoriating Obama for telegraphing his plans in advance?

I can only imagine a look of both horror and fascination appearing on his face if he ever did so with a clear mind.

Honestly, I’m kind of surprised we didn’t have a carrier group there, already.

He’s been bitching about it since like 2013 and how stupid Obama was for doing it.

Yeah, looking at 6th fleet I’m surprised they don’t have one.

Can’t keep a carrier everywhere, all the time. I have no idea what sorts of priorities and obligations we need those battlegroups for, but whatever they are I’m pretty sure the assets don’t cover all the obligations all the time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-chooses-impulse-over-strategy-as-crises-mount/2018/04/11/884e33c2-3d9d-11e8-974f-aacd97698cef_story.html?utm_term=.b122dea34a7a

-Tom

Former Sixth Fleet sailor, its times like this I’m glad I’m out. I was on the sixth fleet command ship, which meant a LOT of stressed out officers on board for shot like this.

If this is a strike, good luck to them.

Bombs away.

Dude is going to get us all killed

Who could have ever predicted that? Dennison will destroy the world before he ever faces consequences.

Naw just because he is bringing back the draft for those under 35 and sending troops into sanctuary cities is no reason to be concerned. I’m sure we will see no more than 1,000,000 troops in Syria.

He’s so Presidential!

He didn’t do his usual pre-speech cocaine tonight, at least.

Numerous targets being hit. 4th Armored Division HQ, al-Mazzah airbase, Homs, etc.

This is a widespread attack.

So I guess Bolton won the argument? Awesome. goes to look for sunscreen

Given the fact he gave his Russian handlers a heads up these strikes were coming I doubt it will have any serious impact.

Allegedly, Masyaf (near Homs) also got struck, which is rumored to be an Iranian base. Just a rumor, though.

The danger here is that the Russians will actually attack our forces, knowing that or president has essentially zero support from the American population.

Trump is extremely weak here. Russia, should they choose to, could leverage it HARD. And they could release any kompromat they have on Trump to weaken him even more.