The Trump Administration and Syria

There was no immediate word on casualties. U.S. officials told NBC News that people were not targeted and that aircraft and infrastructure at the site, including the runway, were hit.

So, slap on the wrist?

Trump is going to give some speech about this soon. I can only imagine it’s going to be crazy.

Multiple reports that Russia was warned a bit ahead of time, which means so was (by proxy) Syria.

edit - just to clarify, it’s probably wise that Russia was warned, or else we may have hit their troops.
edit #2 - now being clarified that “a broad list of nations” gave approval beforehand … who would have then told Russia and therefore Syria.

Here’s hoping that this remains a limited engagement.

$54B military spending increase says no.

I’m thinking of printing out this post to carry in my pocket in the hellish post-apocalypse we’ll be living in by June.

I mean, let’s be honest… Russia probably told him which airbase to hit to make it look like he was doing something important without damaging anything of note.

Well at the very least, he’s done about $70M worth of damage already (going by the $1.4M per missile cost that the Navy gave recently.)

Most likely he is navy. Navy captain same rank as army and air force colonel.

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.” -Dwight D. Eisenhower

And he’s not wrong, they’re wigging the fuck out about neo-cons and the like. It’s actually kind of great, other than the death threats.

Edit: Also this is amazing.

The only consistent rationale I can come up with Trump’s radical swing on Assad is that this eventually leads to escalating tension with Russia… resolved by a negotiation that lifts their sanctions.

I’m about at the point where I’m entirely desensitized to people pointing out political hypocrisy exposed via tweets, but that is really something. What a world we could live in if there was a social price to pay for throwing away your integrity.

I have now done something I never thought I’d do…retweeted Sean Hannity.

Hey, at least wait until he leaves for the golf course tomorrow…

We’re really close now to some shit that we can’t fix or take back, so who in this forum is ready to sacrifice everything, hands up, I hear. It will be a gas…

Goody.