The Unforgivable - Sandra Bullock

New Sandra Bullock movie alert!

I have not watched the trailer, but here it is.

Sandra Bullock looks like she’s just going to grunt, stone-faced through the whole thing and then it gets intense and her acting skills really kick in. Not sure what I was expecting as about all I knew about it was her briefly discussing it on the Smartless podcast, but I thought it and Bullock were great.

Glad to hear; I got to the idiot brother openly contemplating murdering her part and decided to shelve it until I was in the mood to deal with what I projected as a b-movie subplot.

The wife and I watched this on a whim this weekend and generally found it enjoyable. It probably helped the cast is very strong and you get both The Punisher AND The Kingpin, I will admit.

God, that was wonderful. It’s so cool when a movie can pull you into its world so completely, where you’re hooked by the day-to-day travails of this woman recently out of prison, and by the end of the movie, you’re there, hanging so intensely on her outburst at the lawyer’s office with those parents, and then hanging on every musical note as the movie gets more and more emotionally intense. Sandra Bullock has got kind of a charisma and intensity that’s just got my number man. I can’t resist her. She pulls me in like no other actor, and this movie is no exception.

Hans Zimmer and his co-composer did an incredible job on this one. Also, The Radiohead piano recital was pure genius.

I’m trying to think of the other movies this year that I’ve seen, and I think this has got to be the best one this year. I’ll have to give that more thought.

By the way, at the end of the movie, the credits say the movie is based on a TV series titled “Unforgiven”. So that piqued my curiosity. Apparently it’s a British mini-series. 3 Episodes.

It’s on Britbox in the U.S. I might have to watch that at some point. Though if it follows the same basic story then I guess I will have the story spoiled for me already.

My wife and I both enjoyed it. Nothing super special but they did a good job with some cool story surprises.