The Universim

Folks do you remember the fun building part of Black and White 2 ?

This game is sorta like that , I only spent an hour with the newest build, but its pretty good for Early Access. I wouldnt suggest anyone rush to get it asap, but rather to wait and give it more time, the foundation they have present is solid.

Visually Stunning! Check!

Nugget stats:

To save you have to build this history recorder station, saves are recorded on stone!

Game has a info log:

They named the city! :o

Dinner time:

Love the walking paths that auto generate from foot trafic:

Worst farm crop ever!

Winter has arrived!

My fisher-woman died of old age!

I brought him to shore so the water wouldnt get poluted, and put her near the person who died from a wolf attack earlier. I don’t have burial stuff researched yet, so as you can see, nugget’s decay!

And here is the massive tech tree in game so far:

Thanks for the picture book. Looks great! Can’t wait til this gets a real release.

So I saw this is now in EA…anyone trying it?

It’s been in EA for awhile now right? or maybe just for backers? At any rate, I’ve put some hours into it. I put enough in to know that I like it and wanted to wait until it got closer to done. The interface is solid, the art is good, and the game play seemed spot on. At the time It only had content up to but not including switching to medieval buildings, so I cannot speak past that point, but I enjoyed what was there.

I am a backer! I’ve enjoyed my time with it in EA, but want to wait for the full game.
So far they are doing all the right things, and using early access like it should be, testing builds and new features with each update.

This seems to be the general sentiment from the steam reviews as well. So thanks.

From steam it appears the rumors for full release are 8-14 months at this time.

Hmm…8-14 years might be a more realistic estimate. It was kickstarted 5 years ago now, its still missing major pieces of content and even their last update when they mention the timeline talks about large systems they have to implement. From following their Kickstarter updates they seem to get distracted too easily. Since they started, they’ve built a game store and become a publisher.

Still, they appear to be making a good faith effort to finish and they aren’t selling jpegs. So in Kickstarter terms, this feels like a win even if I didn’t like what I played of it a few months back.

Sitting in my wish list. If I’m still alive by the time it finally hits 1.0 and can still hold a mouse, I’ll grab it at that time.

Bumping this with the last bit of update info from PC gamer.

I sure hope this turns out to be the Populous game we all wanted.

They were a bit off on the promised release date, but did finally put out a finished game.

I haven’t touched this since 2018 , excited to play the final product.

Huh, I thought they had abandoned the whole space bit and were just sticking to a single planet. Glad they still managed to hit something close to their original ambition. I’ll have to jump in and check it out again one of these days.

Hey hey!

This has been on my wish list since Christ was in grade school. Every once in a while I’d consider deleting it and would check to see if it had been abandoned. Glad I didn’t. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

I’ll be interested to see what fellow QT3’ers think of this.

It’s crazy that the Kickstarter for this was back in 2014.

Here is my review, although it was written in April of 2021. A lot may have changed since then, but in short, I did not like it:

So who here has played the finished version? This popped up in my queue and I was surprised to see we have a thread with a few of y’all plucking at the early access, but…no one biting on the final release? I guess the fashion is to burn out on the development version and then it’s out of your system by the time it’s actually been finished/polished/released/1.0’ed, at which point no one cares anymore.

Oh, early access, never stop making me hate you!

Anyway, if no one here jumps in, I might. It looks too interesting to pass up!

It’s been on my wishlist forever. Can’t bring myself to pull the trigger.