The Vaccines vs Torch Wielding Mobs debate continues

Well that’s good, Scuzz.

Does she use an e-reader? You can ensure you have the same (sans-serif) font and identical-sized text, etc. that way.

(Heck, if necessary read up on loading fonts onto it use Myriad Pro, but Trebuchet - often an option - is pretty good anyway. Also, Calibri is good for dyslexics and the MS Office default)

(Why yes, I’m dyslexic)

I had never thought of the advantage of having the fonts being the same. We just got an IPad, I imagine it would have that ability. Thanks for the idea.

Anti-vax church gets hit with measles outbreak. Starts giving away free vaccinations.

That’s fantastic news. Rather than going all-in on the stupid, they reconsidered their position and acted. Good for them. Let’s hope more follow the example without needing infection as a prerequisite.

Today it’s this one making the rounds. Taking the same attitude as well, vaxxers. Holy shit, the stupid is unbelievable.

http://www.lifetimemoms.com/health/not-my-job-to-vaccinate?utm_source=FBPAGE&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=Health

The comments are awesome.

I realize that me reading about it makes it feel prevelant, but how many antivaccers are there? Anyway, I am depressed. Some antivaccers thought that NDT comment about knowing people understanding science would solve the problem meant that anti vaccination was legit, because he or she read the sciscience of not vaccinating.

Lucy
I had measles and chicken pox as a kid and so did every kid in my generation. It was painful, itchy, had fever, vomiting and was out of school for two weeks. My kids had measles and chicken pox and one had the mumps. None of us died. i never knew of any childhood friend who died and none ended up with a devastating condition as autism, or neurologic disability. Nasty as these highly contagious conditions are, I’d choose them over autism any day. Take a look at the large, religious families who avoid vaccinations. Their kids don’t have autism or learning disabilities. Coincidence? I think not

Damien
Sounds like you actually caught the autism pretty hard, check your chromosomes again.

That one made me chuckle.

Thankfully I live in an area where this ant-vax nonsense is considered exactly that. At least I think so for the most part. It is definitely something I will keep an eye out in the next few years as my child grows to schooling age. But I don’t think any of the local schools near me are going to tell me they have a problem with un-vaccinated kids.

“I’d rather my child die than be autistic.”

Fuck you, there’s nothing wrong with autistic kids.

It’s totally moot, because vaccines don’t cause autism.

True, but that mindset still bugs the shit out of me.

“Melanie’s Marvelous Measles”

Clearly she’s been watching Repo Man.

If only we hadn’t killed off small pox, we’d all be so much healthier.

“According to natural health sources”
This is like saying, “according to the crazy homeless guy”.

“According to natural health sources”
This is like saying, “according to the crazy homeless guy”.

Why was I not surprised to discover recently that Cleve Blakemore is an anti-vaxxer?

Neanderthals do not need vaccinations. Diseases kill themselves upon entering the wondrous cathedral that is the 'Thal body.

Might want to check the date on that “news”.

Elmo and the Surgeon General team up to teach kids about vaccinations.

http://www.hhs.gov/blog/2015/04/17/if-you-want-stay-healthy-get-all-your-vaccinations.html

The Youtube comments are gold.