The Vaccines vs Torch Wielding Mobs debate continues

Don’t worry, when the GOP installs the 100% private free market insurance system they’ve been dreaming about, worthless things like vaccines or birth control or pregnancy won’t be covered. $$$avings!

It continues.

Really?

“Our cat was vaccinated and most of the time he acts like we are not even there!”

How do you tell the difference between a Lab with autism and one without?

You can’t

When do you suppose the first of these anti-vax dog owners’ kids will get rabies?

Local laws are different, but unlike kids, if you don’t vaccinate a dog against rabies here it’s a nasty fine, year after year and year because you cannot get a license without it and a license is required for dogs.

Its not hard for an unlicensed dog to go unnoticed. Licensing compliance is usually pretty low.

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess the anti-vax group that also won’t vaccinate their dog isn’t going to be the group hiding up in the forest with seven feet fences and spiked collars. Their pets are going to be out and about and will probably see a vet when sick, and they might even try to fly with one. I mean it’s a discouragement not a prison sentence.

Yeah, people drive without a license or insurance all the time. Dog licensing is nothing compared to that.

If you guys are aware of some other way we make sure dogs get their vaccines, please do share. As far as I know, at most, it’s licensing. In my state, the cats don’t even require that. They are not considered pets and require no license.

Don’t even get me started on fish licenses.

I don’t. In most places the only one that is really looked at is rabies. I think a valid rabies tag # is required for the local dog license, but I might be wrong about even that.

As for overall dog licensing compliance?
https://trendct.org/2015/04/21/fewer-dogs-are-getting-licensed-and-young-city-dwellers-are-probably-to-blame/

Even in the 1980s, an unscientific way to calculate the population was to double the number of dog licenses, Connors said — and, back then, there was a lot more focus on door-to-door dog license surveys. State officials often helped municipalities conduct these surveys. But these checkups have largely gone by the wayside, as municipalities struggle with financial problems and the state has fewer people to help, Connors said. This probably means a smaller percentage of owners are getting their dogs licensed.

I think I recall, and this may be hazy with age, a person coming to our door and asking if we had a dog. My mother said yes and they asked to see her (the dog, not mom) license. Were they from the city? ASPCA? I have no idea.

The sheriff department or the police, not sure which, used to do this years ago. People would get so mad because the kids, of course, would answer honestly to someone who said something like hey is that your dog, and they would say, yes, dog’s name… ticket shows up in the mail. The dog is not licensed.

Every dog is autistic.

Being a dog causes autism.

My Lab has stomach issues and ate several feet of heavy blackout curtain when I stepped out briefly. Do curtains cause autism, or do autistic dogs eat curtains? I’m having trouble sorting this one out.

Were the curtains autistic?

I did vaccinate them. Crap.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2019/03/14/parents-unvaccinated-kids-wanted-them-back-school-now-judge-said-no/?utm_term=.ce217a272684

In December, the alarming outbreak compelled county officials to take the drastic — and, they say, unprecedented — step of banning unvaccinated children from attending certain schools that had vaccination rates lower than 95 percent.

Months later, the parents of more than 40 banned children at Green Meadow Waldorf School sued the Rockland County health department, asking a federal judge to allow the students to return to class. This week, U.S. District Court Judge Vincent Briccetti denied their request, ruling that it wasn’t in “public interest” to allow the children to go back to school.

But the parents have said the ban, which the county calls an “exclusion order,” has “caused and continues to cause irreparable harm” to them and their children, according to the lawsuit.

Yes, the unvaccinated Madizyn and Traxxton are unable to attend their private pre-school because I didn’t want them to be safe from measles.

At Green Meadow, the vaccination rate was just 33 percent when the December ban took effect, the Journal News reported, citing the county’s data. Since then, the county said it has risen to 56 percent, though a school’s spokeswoman told the Times the share was actually 83 percent — either way, short of the mandated threshold.

The school is complying with the county health department’s order, its spokeswoman said, and will welcome its students back when it is legally allowed.

In the meantime, though, the children — some of whom are as young as preschool age — just have to wait until the outbreak clears. One mother, who has chosen to keep her 4-year-old unvaccinated, told local media that her child is distressed.

"“He is confused,” she said, “given his young age, about why he isn’t allowed on his campus.”
“Mother, whyst aren’t I allowed to pursue my education upon thine campus?” spake the 4 year old.

Cry me a fucking river, vaccinate young Greydun and he can go back to school you idiotic twit.