The Vaccines vs Torch Wielding Mobs debate continues

County I grew up in now in state of emergency due to the critical rates of unvaccinated children causing a measles epidemic. Ignorance, we do it hard.

Screw anti-vaxxers. They need to be banned from general society.

And measles continues to spread:

Even our criminals are at risk!

Seriously though, everyone who is not or cannot be vaccinated is.

Yet another reminder, do not go to the ER or ED unless you have to. It’s not a place you want to be unless there is no other choice.

A million times this.

Ethics, schmethics. If there is a buck to be made in selling medical exemptions, guess what?

Kill those people

North Carolina (of course!) school now has over 20% of its students with Chicken Pox (36/152):

Best part of the Christian Caliphate is we’re all goin to heaven, baby. Kids first!

In the 1980s, Sullivan was working as a nurse in Johns Hopkins oncology unit when she witnessed chickenpox claim the life of an elementary school-age girl.

The girl, whom Sullivan didn’t name, had just finished a leukemia treatment and returned to her home when she came in contact with somebody who had chickenpox.

“Because her immune system was brand spanking new, the disease spread to her internal organs, and she did not survive,” Sullivan said. “That was a wake up call to me that this is not a benign childhood illness.”

I really hate these people, and I feel sorry for their children. They’re so damn selfish.

Per the Climate Change thread’s malthusian arguments - maybe we would be better off if the Evangelical Rapture actually happened…

Yeah, but it’s a weird kind of selfishness to. I’m pretty sure they think they are doing it for the good of their kids, so that’s not where the selfishness lies, but in their unwilligness to admit they are wrong and they don’t know more than the experts.

It’s hubris more than selfishness.

Asheville is one of the state’s high concentrations of liberalism, and the Waldorf schools are popular with progressives. So be aware this is most likely because of crazy liberal anti-vaxxer parents, not crazy conservative anti-vaxxers.

Yes, there is the liberal all natural brand of stupid, and the conservative ‘government can’t tell me what to do’ brand of stupid.

Fuck ‘em both.

Pretty much. Stupid is stupid.

I don’t think this is really a down party line thing. The use of social media to spread these lies is certainly costing lives though.