The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - ex-People Can Fly and photogrammetry

TB is so horrible at these types of games.

That looks so amazing it’s unreal.

Surfing over on GAF, apparently the location is a real place in Poland! See the Pics!

That’s neat. The stories supposed to take place in rural Wisconsin. Who wouldn’t want to play as a paranormal detective exploring supernatural happenings in the cheese state?

Googleing rural Wisconsin produces much less attractive scenery.

If you Google Wisconsin forest you’ll see some gorgeous scenery.

Haha, I watched 10 minuts of this this morning, and I was yelling at him for all the clues he was missing! fun :-)

They say it should be played at night, alone, in a dark room, wearing headphones. But I can’t help but imagine having several people in the room helping with figuring out clues. Should work great at pulling in nongamers if the gamer of the group controls the play and carries out actions suggested by the nongamers.

Looks like, graphics aside, it would have been an awesome Ipad game as well.

I pre-ordered , damn hype machine over on GAF broke my willpower down… and the soundtrack sample I listened to was fantastic.

Weird that they’d pick Wisconsin. It does have a Lovecraft connection thanks to August Derleth. But if you want scenes with lots of crumbly rock cliffs and such, as shown in the screenshots, you’re much better picking Lovecraft’s original stomping grounds of New England. Most of Wisconsin looks like this.

Someone did a comparison with the actual area in Poland that the devs used for reference.

http://imgur.com/a/bhBsZ

Mini-FAQ on the launch from the devs.

Ah, thanks for this. Was wondering what was up.

Yeah, I’m waiting as well. Hopefully, this will be cleared up by the time I get home.

Honestly, the gameplay looks a bit shit, but I really want to check out what they’ve done with the tech.

Yeah, I’m not looking for really any “gameplay” either. I’m hoping for an experiential thing like Gone Home, outside, with a different story. Give me some clues, some stuff to read, and a good spooky setting and the awesome tech and I’ll be pretty happy.

Ah so its running behind, no biggie, I got DG2 scratching my gaming itch right now. This game will probably be more fun to play at night anyway. :)

Ai ai, how have I never of this game? I just finished (and really enjoyed) Alan Wake a few weeks ago…this looks like it’s giving off a similar vibe.

Frankly, it’s pretty worrying that the devs are scrambling to finish the game so bad that they pushed the released date back several hours. I’m away from home (and my computer!) for a few days, so I’ll see what the response is like before I buy.

I do hope it’s cool, though.

Steam Store now says “Coming soon” rather than “Game unlocks in x hour(s)”

That can’t be good.