The Venture Brothers

This week’s episode was awesome. So many amazing conversations, oh man.

It was funny… in parts. But man, they really need to figure out what they want to do with Hank.

We’re in the home stretch. I’d like to think it’s going somewhere, and it won’t end up just being a bunch of dumb flashbacks and purgatory.

Felt this past episode hit its marks, Guild and OSI appearances, very comic-book-esque story.

Also feel that young whippersnapper Bill Hader (of Saturday Night Live) is doing excellent job with Dr. Impossible. Hard to fill Colbert’s shoes, but he’s doing fine.

Grrr… shakes fist at being forced to wait for the web

The sad tits conversation had me in stitches. I could just imagine the writers in a room throwing sad boob jokes back and forth for 30 minutes.

With those two, it was probably closer to 3 weeks.

I think the last two weeks are building towards some kind of pay off for Hank. That was some pretty decent sized reveal near the end of this past week’s episode.

I guess I’m done being patients.

I want answers damn you!

I was going to go to DragonCon this year as Dr. Killinger, in fact. So, yes. We ended up not going in order to save $$$, but definitely recommend that event, Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick go every year, and are hilarious.

I don’t get the one week delay. I can see why they might prefer to force people to watch or DVR the show, but that doesn’t do anything for those of us for whom that is not an option. A few days delay would accomplish the same thing. And then only having one episode active at a time online seems stupid as well. This is all the kind of stuff that leads to people looking for torrents.

Holy crap, “Everybody Comes to Hank’s” is probably the best episode the series has had since the first season. I’m always worried this show was near to running out of steam, but they’ve proven they can still surprise me and bring it to a new level. Special recognition to the great score, in particular the piece used during the chase sequence. Also, this is easily the best use of the Alchemist ever.

Truly, it was a masterpiece. And yet there hasn’t been a single multi-episode arc for this half of the season, right? I’ve wanted some longer-term storylines, something that truly advances the plot rather than end in with a memory wipe.

Great episode. Went to kind of a dark place, too.

Hank’s lucky he lives in a universe where you can unlearn what you have learned. That was some fucked up shit.

When they started into the gumshoe stuff I thought I was going to hate it.

The fact that it turned into one of the best episodes ever made it even more fanatastic.

Wow, I thought it was kind of bleh. Better than a lot of the stuff from the past couple seasons, but nothing like the first two.

Fantastic episode, and one of the best with a mind blowing ending.

It looks like the show is going out with a bang. Great episode.

It doesn’t touch Fry’s big reveal.

Great episode, though.

Could have been worse. When the big exposition bit played I wasn’t entirely paying attention at first, and somehow ended up thinking that Dean had slept with his half-sister.

Still not buying Mr. Impossible as a villain.