The Venture Brothers

I can’t wait to see what they do with a 90 minute movie.

Nice! VB, Archer, and South Park are by far my favorite animated shows, and it’s great to have them all still going.

The way their sense of humor has been veering, I’m going to guess 90 minutes of gay pedophiles.

Two more seasons, after they already have a finale planned? I expect a lot more convoluted story archs about lesser known characters. Which I like.

Adult Swim Upfront Event – Venture Bros. Special

The Venture Bros. Special – From The Ladle To The Grave: The Story of Shallow Gravy
See the Venture Family as you’ve never seen them before: in a 15-minute documentary-style animated special. Follow the meteoric rise, the equally meteoric fall, and the decidedly un-meteor-like second coming of the most important band Hank Venture, Dermott Fitctel and H.E.L.P.eR. robot have ever been in: Shallow Gravy. If you’re hungry for rock, then open wide, because here comes a ladle of heavy metal fire and metaphoric meat drippings.

The Venture Bros. Special – From the Ladle to the Grave: The Story of Shallow Gravy premieres July 24 on Adult Swim.

Thanks for posting that, I hadn’t heard about it.

Very awesome! :)

and yet so short :(

So did anyone watch From the Ladle to the Grave: The Story of Shallow Gravy?

Thought it great - found the half allusions to the season finale pretty hysterical - and who knew Hank could actually learn to do… anything?

Just did!

They’ve kind of hinted that both boys aren’t quite as useless as they seem, but are greatly inhibited by their useless father and a lifetime of isolation. I hope they explore this next season.

A new Christmas song, yaay.

Halloween special tonight!

Thank you so much for the heads up! My cable provider changed the title of this series in their guide from “The Venture Brothers” to “The Venture Bros” and my dvr wasn’t going to record it as a result.

Is it just a special or is it actually the start of the new season?

It’s a special, but very in continuity and some big events happen. Actual season starts next year.

Why does Sgt. Hatred have breasts now? Were they his costume, or something I probably don’t want to know about? Either way, I am still very tired of that character.

The guy with the toaster head, man. Great ep. I had forgotten how much I missed the show.

The awful lack of Brock Samson didn’t do this one a lot of favors.

Most of last season suffered from the same terrible problem. Brock as occasional guest star in no way makes up for endless Sergeant Hatred as his replacement.

MY PLEASURE TOAST

Agreed. I understand if they can only get so much of Warburton’s time, but Hatred is a character I would prefer to see gone.