The Venture Brothers

Agreed. The most recent episode was head and shoulders above the others this season.

It was a short, great season (though my least favorite episode was tonight’s finale). I can’t believe they got a reference to the season finale of Mad Men in the tag of this episode. Do they have the speedy animators of South Park working on this show now?

The next season won’t come soon enough.

Man, that was a short season. What was it, six or eight episodes total? Still, there was a noticeable improvement in quality over the previous one, so I have some hopes it will be renewed and be good.

Excellent season.

So, here’s my question: at the Arch club, is the waitress Dr. Orpheus’ daughter Triana? Sure looks a heck of a lot like her to me.

I had the same thought, but who knows? Maybe we’ll find out if there’s a next season. Orpheus was almost completely absent this time around, which is a pity. The characters that were central to the first season remain the best.

I thought it was her friend from the double date episode who decided to be a villain at the end of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Good thought. I was/am just wondering if they are really setting us up now: consider that Dean’s problems largely involve the fact that he got shot down by Triana. That’s really the root of his moping. Now if she’s decided to go over to the “dark side” and he finds out, I can easily see him deciding to become a villain too, to try to win her. Thus setting up a great Venture Brother vs Brother, Dean arching Hank.

Are you folks sure it wasn’t the girl on the left

The Venture Bros. to return tonight at 1:00AM on Adult Swim with “The Venture Bros. Special.”

“Extended Online-Only Exclusive Trailer” - [Note, link goes to Facebook video player; video apparently not available elsewhere(?)]

“The Venture Bros. Season 6 Trailer”

My cable guide claims tonight’s episode is just a rerun of the Spanikopita one. I’ll record it anyway, just in case.

Yeah, the new special is airing Sunday night/Monday morning.

“January 19th at midnight” according to the Adult Swim website, so Monday night/Tuesday morning.

Midnight is the beginning of the day so that would be Sunday/Monday. Makes sense since that is when it has always aired.

Not this time. It’s airing at midnight Monday, which makes it Monday/Tuesday.

That was quite good, a real return to form. I’m not going to spoil it for those of you who haven’t watched it yet, but lots of Brock and a big role for Killinger were both very welcome. Hatred played a minimal part; Rusty actually did something right; Monarch, 21, and Dr. Mrs. The Monarch were integral to the plotline, and so on. Check it out.

Edit: oh, and there’s another five minutes of epilogue online at adultswim.com when you’re done.

Specifically, here: http://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-venture-bros/the-venture-bros-special-epilogue/

This was the usual action-figures-in-a-blender incoherent mess that results whenever Hammer and Publick try to plot more than two things happening at the same time, but the saving grace was that it seems to have been more or less intentional this time, with them just trying to cram in and variously dispose of as many characters as they could. Basically kicking all the tables over so they can try something different next season.

It was definitely very crammed, but I thought the episode moved really well and had good enough pacing to make up for it. Incredibly funny, and I cannot wait to see what the have in store next.

I was wondering if anyone but me had seen this. Good to hear some other impressions.

Ditto. I thought they did a great job.

I laughed so hard at the “old pirate dirge” in the epilogue that I nearly pissed myself.