The Venture Brothers

MmmmmMMMMMmmmmMMMMmmmmMMMMMMMmmmmmMMMMMMmmmmmm.

Loved it, love the show.

I still think it’s so interesting to have a show like this where the characters actually age and change over time.
Plus it’s funny as hell.

I don’t remember much about “All this and Gargantua-2” except that I liked it a bunch. Where is season 6? Apparently good things come to those who … … … wait.

Less than a fortnight to go!

You’re dealing with the Fallen Archer…

/facepalm

But really funny.

I just caught the season premiere. At the beginning I was pretty lukewarm, but right around when Brock showed up, the show seemed to click with me. The show peaked for me way back in season 2(10 years ago!), but the second half of the pilot showed me it still has lots to offer.

“Swing Heil” :)

Brock…Samson? That’s what this show has been missing. Looking forward to watching the premiere!

Arise, ancient thread! You are needed again!

Hey it’s those… triangle guys? Triad! Order of the Triad. I’m gonna have to rewatch the old episodes, because it seems like this show has been on since the Bush Administration.

Thanks. Had no idea this was even in the works. And any Dr. Orpheus is good Dr. Orpheus

A few years ago, my TV watching was filled to the brim with James Urbaniak content (Difficult People! Review! Venture Bros!). Now, all those shows are gone.

It really is a shame for the Venture Bros. I can’t think of too many comedy shows—or shows period as it’s not like dramas are known for maintaining quality that long into their runs either—whose seasons 6 and 7 were as strong as the Venture Bros’ were. I don’t like or even know half the stuff they reference (the comic books and older kid’s shows are mostly foreign to me aside from Johnny Quest, which fell to wayside pretty quickly as a key source of reference) and still enjoyed it.

Damn that is disappointing. This is one of my all-time favourite shows. I actually just rewatched season 7 yesterday, my spidey sense had tingled and I could feel News was on the horizon. Not what I was expecting. :(

I usually don’t mind stuff getting cancelled, especially as TV has a tendency to run itself into the ground, but the quality here remained high and would’ve at least hoped they’d give them a season (or even just a special) to wrap things up a bit neater ala Bojack Horseman.

The fanbase seem to be pinning their hopes on another service picking it up. There’s an obligatory petition: https://www.change.org/p/netflix-amazon-hbo-max-be-our-brock-samson-and-save-the-venture-bros/u/27679071

First off, yep, this sucks. I applaud the genius of this show’s writing and execution.

But honestly…I can see why this happened. It has to be an absolute marketing and PR nightmare to try to promote a show that comes out with a new season every 2 1/2 to 3 years. I know there are creative reasons why there’s such a long interval between seasons, and that those creative reasons make for a superlative show…but they also make for a marketing mess for the folks who are putting up the money for production costs and airtime, too.

I don’t see another service picking it up with their super slow production cycle. Maybe we can get a movie out of it at best.

Adult Swim is owned by Warner, and I wonder if shows like Harley Quinn and Doom Patrol helped to kill it, they have their own shows about losers and fuckups in a super hero universe featuring DC characters now.

Yeah, it’s a tall order. But we can dream, and wait. Us Venture fans are nothing if not patient, after all. I’d settle for a graphic novel tying things up. :)

I think the delays in season 8 were due to one of the creators suffering a spinal injury last year. Poor timing I guess, at least he seems to have recovered. Just seems somewhat poor form to pull the rug out from them without a heads up to wrap things. But what do I know.

I suppose if you have to go out, going out on that final reveal at the end of the ceremony (I’m being circumspect here) is as good as any, but I have to say, this was the show I most waited for more content from. I will miss it greatly, and rewatch it a lot. Always something new that I missed before.

The show always felt like it was partially made for me, it was the blend of geekery with underground, the musician cameo characters were always great. I went to the Killing Joke 30th anniversary shows in NY, the band not the comic, and ended up standing basically right next to Doc Hammer for most of the set. Almost asked him for a picture but didn’t want to bother him on his night out at a concert.

Hopefully they mean like a wrap up movie or something?

Man, I hope so. Otherwise, it sounds like such a shitty, passive-aggressive thing to say. “Yeah, we chose to not make more of your show. Pity there won’t be any more episodes! We loved you guys! Man, it sucks that we made that decision to cut off the production of your show, maybe we could work something out so we could make the decision to allow the production of your show again.”