The waiting room thread

My dedicated Kindle device has been gathering dust since I started reading on my iPhone 7 plus. One hand, night setting, in bed.

Whenever I sit in a waiting room, I look forward to the day when AI does everything for us.

I also have the 7+, but I find the e-ink of my Voyage much easier on the aging eyes. To each their own! :)

Indeed.

I use my Paperwhite at the gym where I would not want to use my phone, and the screen is easy on the eyes under the fluorescent lights. I also use the Kindle at home at night. I prefer it to my phone in general, but I don’t take my Kindle with me very many places, and the phone is much, much more responsive and generally works better in all aspects except for the actual screen, as e-ink is superior to even a good phone screen IMO. I want an Oasis for home, but with a case/cover it’s like $350. That’s…a lot.

For some reason, the medical building where my weekly doctor’s appointment is at, I get no signal from AT&T. Not 0-1 bars, it actually says “NO SERVICE”. Even in the parking lot. I’m pretty sure they have some strange jamming technology for AT&T, as other patients use their phones with no problem at all.

My dentist has a basket full of audio books sitting on a coffee table in the waiting room… and nowhere to play them (not that I plan to spend 25 hours in a waiting room blowing through audio books). I literally have no idea why they’re there, or if patients are just supposed to take them or something.

He also has tri-fold biographical pamphlets that tell people about his birth and life growing up in Ohio. I’m afraid to ask why these actually exist (because… who really cares to read this shit?) because I suspect he’s trying to convince all the racist people of my 98% white community that he only looks Korean, but he’s actually a red-blooded American. But that’s just me jumping to conclusions.

iPad!!! I would have gone crazy with all the time in waiting rooms and without this wondrous device.

I don’t know what’s worse, waiting for an appt in a crowded waiting room, or sitting on pins and needles all day long waiting for somebody to show up at my front door for a bid appointment.

You’d think I’d be all relaxed and kicked-back, but you’d be wrong. I can’t even go to the bathroom without wondering if I’ll be caught off guard. I’d play Apex Legends, but I’m sure they’ll show up when there’s 3 teams left.

Dude, they have your cell phone number, right? If you’re on the pot, they’ll call you before they give up and leave :)

I’m in Oregon. The people here are morons (myself and other Qt3 Oregonians excluded, of course). Don’t assume they’ll do any such thing. Half the time they don’t even show up, and when they do they don’t call back.

People here just don’t give a shit.

I don’t know why I clicked on this thread, but this is my favorite episode as well. Palin was always my favorite.

Really stressed right now. Waiting for results of CT scan after a week of issues. Doctor due back in room soon. Been here 6 hours, hopefully news is okay.

Good luck, kerzain.

Thoughts are with you

Welp CT scan is clear, so no cancer, which was their primary concern. Now they’re running virus panels and keeping me the night.

Bored in 3… 2… 1…

Better bored than excited in times like this, lol

Yeah, there are times when boredom is a great result ;)

No doubt about it.