The War on Science and Evidence

Postmodernism is the enemy of civilisation. When people agreed that “define your own reality” was acceptable, it unlocked a pandoras box where facts, data, evidence and reason are merely a facet of an individuals perception.

The left built an infrastructure where postmodernist principles can be applied to arguments in face of reason, facts, data and evidence and this is commonly accepted, and the right are using it to destroy the world by dumbing this down further into fake-news.

Derrick Jensen explains this better than I can: although the article itself is not relate to Trump or climate change.

And I blame the groundlessness of postmodernism, with its assertion that meaning is not inherent in anything, that there are no truths, and that each person’s perception of reality is equally valid.

As well as destroying class consciousness—which is one reason modern blacklisting is often based on claims of how some speaker will supposedly hurt or trigger the individual, rather than emphasizing harm or gain to society as a whole—postmodernism has led to much of the insanity we’re discussing.

As philosopher Daniel Dennett commented, “Postmodernism, the school of ‘thought’ that proclaimed ‘There are no truths, only interpretations’ has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for ‘conversations’ in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.” And if all you’ve got is rhetoric, that is, “interpretations” and “assertions,” as opposed to, say, factual evidence, then the only way, or at least the most tempting way, to conclusively win an argument is through rhetorical manipulations. If you can’t say, “Your opinion is wrong, and here are facts showing your opinion is wrong,” you’re pretty much stuck with, “Your opinion is oppressing me, triggering me, hurting my feelings.” And that’s precisely what we see. And of course we can’t argue back, in part because nobody can verify or falsify your feelings, and in part because by then we’ve already been deplatformed.

Edit: a quick search brought up something interesting.

We should have listened to McCullough… erm… 13 years ago.

For he is truly the Kwisatz Haderach.