The Watchmen

Here’s your first quick glimpse of Rorschach.

Horshack? Welcome Back Kotter reboot? Nice!

Well, I don’t hate it. Also I loved the Leftovers, and my understanding is it’s the same or similar team.

No idea how this fits together with anything or what it is trying to be…

“Super”-heroes come back and kill all the police? Crazy vigilante cult called watchmen who chant tick-tock? What is the plot, here?

What the hell did I just watch?

Is it still a teaser if I’m not teased?

The show takes place in modern times if the events of the prior Watchmen happened. I’m assuming that a cult of Rorschach followers has sprung up after the original plot.

7,855 Likes, 770 Comments - Damon (@damonlindelof) on Instagram: “Day 140.”

Linky

“Is Lindelof a cinematographer too?” - Kelly Wand, in the WorldWarZopsis (00:09:36, if you’re curious)

Bonus: “Is Lindelof even awake in there?” - Kelly Wand, in the WorldWarZopsis, 00:17:54

Wait someone was going around saying “I want to see the Watchmen world, but in the future, let’s make a series on that”? Was it Lindel-hoff himself or did he get attached to a project that was already that?

Also tl/dr on that latter.

He says

Endings. I’m GREAT at them.

and then closes the letter with

With Respectful Hubris,

Damon

That should tell you everything you need to know.

Well I’m taking away that this entire thing is some sort of massive troll. By the “entire thing” I do not mean “the letter”, but rather “The new Watchmen series”.

Well, Lindelof is GREAT at trolling. ;)

I am looking at Lindelof’s wiki page, and everything in there is a hot mess – except for The Leftovers.

The Leftovers is in my top 10 shows, but not sure if that counterbalances him writing the worst Star Trek.

I don’t know how any creative person could tolerate so much scrutiny and hostility.

Yeah i loathed Lindelof but he won me back with Leftovers. So I am tentatively positive about Watchmen, but it also helps a lot that Reznor Ross is doing the soundtrack.

Same. And Leftovers was so good, especially seasons 2-3, that I’m in for anything he does for a while. I’m still not sure I give him credit for Leftovers, but he’s worth the risk.

Looks like another show in the vein of Westworld. Spend most of the time wondering what the fuck is going on instead of enjoying the show.

Oh wait I forgot this is from “mr. mystery” Lindelof…yay…