The Wave featuring Justin Long

Looks really good. Love Justin Long. Can’t figure out if this is coming to a streaming service or theaters.

I think you mean The Wave, starring Donald Faison.

So… not a remake of this?

Who is the woman in the thumbnail? She looks familiar, or the character at least looks like someone dressed similarly in another movie.

Nope. It is stupid they used the same name used half a dozen times before in other movies and shows.

Yeah, but we’re a bunch of old farts here so I bet a bunch of us remember that :)

I can’t figure out what this is actually about from the trailer. Some guy is tripping on drugs?

It’s a matrix kinda thing. Takes a pill, discovers the real world… or maybe not. I’m not watching any more previews cause I don’t want to spoil it for myself.

Honestly skimming a review the cool “sci-fi” bits seem to me like it might end up just being drug induced lost time. It’s more a movie about discovering ones self? Doesn’t do much for me - I can well imagine that like the Amazon cartoon I recently watched about time travel and a deceased father, you’re left wondering “was that real?” and the answer is a very frustrating, “That’s for the viewer to decide!*”

*Fuck that answer, by the way. If you are going to tell me a story fucking tell it, don’t make me interpret it.

I too hate that in movies. I find it kinda lazy on part of writer.

Yeah, this exactly. If you are going to take 2 hours of my life to tell me a story, tell me a story! Sheesh.

Actually none of it was real. It was a cartoon.

Also, this movie isn’t real, either.

I meant to address this and time got away from me; my apologies for being confusing, I didn’t mean “real” from the viewers perspective (like a documentary), I meant “real” from the point of view of the characters within the story. Like, “was there really time travel or was it just in her head” is what I meant. I am indeed aware it was a cartoon. :)

I was both joking and being a jerk. I both do and don’t “get” the objection to that kind of storytelling. Sometimes the storyteller thinks they’re more clever than they are, but sometimes not. They did tell you a story. It seems like a symptom of the overall tendency to literalism of our culture to me to object in this fashion, but I’ve never seen the thing in question.