The "What Qt3 taught me Today" Thread

Goddamn “Cat Fingers” shook me up something fierce. That’s some scary stuff for a kid’s show!

Hah, sorry about the streaming foibles. This kinda stuff is currently in a really dumb place when it comes to global consumption. Hopefully it all gets sorted out in the next 5-10 years.

And you’re very welcome, man. Really hard to express how happy I am that you liked it!

I love the show. The character relationships are fantastic. I totally got something irritating in my eye when watching “Mr. Greg”… that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Today I leaned:
1.) When welcoming new members:

a.) @TimElhajj is either Jerry Fallwell or Harvey Fierstein. I can’t tell (kidding Tim…totally kidding!).

b.)In-Jokes are not necessarily “in” per @tomchick .

c.) Scotty is Gay.

d.) I should not be in the “Welcome to Qt3” Booth.

2.) Everybody loves westerns!

3.) Nobody loved Miri.

P.S:

I learned about this:

The way some folks used to put fireplace DVDs or VHS tapes on their TVs for hours…I put this on our computer/ tv
and it runs for hours.

Although I figure in another month the salmon season will be running out and the bears will move on

I thought you were giving me a choice between a (sexual predator) hollywood bigwig and a preacher, but then I realized the bigwig option was someone else entirely. I have no idea what you’re talking about, but I’m glad you’re learning new things.

I got my eye on you now. Don’t be using that super gay Bart Simpson on any new people.

Today I was taught that I’m easily entertained by games and films, and I don’t have the elite level of snobbery required to remain here.

You are my favorite BSG Boardgame frenemy, Knightsaber! Who do I need to beat up for you?

No one. Just have Craig email me if he starts a game sometime.

@CraigM could you start a game up? I wanna hang with Knightsaber again.

Sure, sorry got caught up moving (and searching for said place to move) the last couple weeks. But that’s done now

Yay! See, @Knightsaber? Funtimes!

Me too! It’s all great fun, despite plot holes, weak characters, general hate for Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel, DC, whatever. At the end of it, 90% of the time I think “Hey, that was fun. Cool!” and that’s that.

This is me ad well. I kind of feel the critical breakdown of film and TV is a kind of poison to enjoyment, for me personally.

It all depends for me. Everything is nuance. I mean I can debate like the ins and outs of Star Trek: TOS all the livelong day, and dis some episodes, hard. But that is because I freaking love it. Typical geek debates. I mean criticizing Shanter’s acting isn’t going to make me not like Kirk and not like TOS.

Oh sure, getting into the nitty gritty of specific episodes, or maybe hidden meanings, or favorite story beats - that stuff is fun to talk about. But critiquing a specific performance, special effect, plot hole, mistake an extra made, that stuff isn’t interesting to me. I understand by anecdote how incredibly hard it is to put a movie or TV show together, and I tend to have a loooot of leeway for mistakes and issues with pacing/plot if I overall enjoy it.

Sometimes it can be. In the TOS thread we all universally just couldn’t believe that in the episode Miri they discovered a parallel earth for no real plot purpose.

And we all went on and on and on Trek-Geek style. But we still love the show. :) And we all debate “no this one is better”. “No that one”. Etc.

I don’t know if that is critical breakdown or not? :)

LOL, well somethings are so dumb or confusing they definitely warrant a conversation of a critical nature, for sure. But I agree with @Knightsaber in that this particular community really does revel in and enjoy breaking down something and examining it carefully. I like to look at stuff from far away, like a painting - things look better from higher up, and I enjoy things that look better.

I get that. I try to usually save it for things I am passionate about (Star Trek, “Film”, Board Wargames or Grognard Computer Games, etc.). Things I’m idly interested in, who cares, right? I think its reflective of passion for a thing sometimes. Otherwise, why give the effort to care?

Video games, for instance, are very hit or miss for me. But RDR (and 2), well I love the genre, so it will draw passion from me. If it lays an egg, I’ll kvetch. Another game…don’t care that much.

I think you get a lot of people here who are simultaneously passionate and deeply knowledgeable about their geek stuff. That is what I like about this place.

Oh yeah, fully agreed!

Sure but you have to be entertained by Star Wars films, not hate Justice League and like most games that you play.