The Wire, season 1, episode 1: the boy who would be Johnny Storm

Ziggy is a good character. Some criminals are just idiots that think life wronged them. Ziggy just own it better until it broke him. Is one good character next to other good characters in a serie full of good characters.

Even though I came to the Wire late, I still wasn’t late enough to recognize Michael B. Jordan. If I had seen it after I saw Friday Night Lights, I would have recognized him instantly. But I was late to Friday Night Lights as well.

I really should re-watch this series once Tom gets to Season 3 or 4. The question is, should I watch my DVD set, or should I subscribe to HBO Now for a month, and watch the new HD remaster.

Get the bluray set, the picture quality is such a massive step up. I don’t imagine the HD stream will be as good either, and this way you can own it forever for the third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, etc. rewatch.

With that said, maybe you should get more use out of the dvds and save the bluray set for the third or fourth.

Should the title of this thread be changed to “the boy who would be Killmonger”?

Okay, now you’re trolling me. HIS NAEM IS ERK STEVENS STOP CALLING HIM KILLMONGERR!!!111!!

Really, it should be “The Boy Who Would Be Oscar Grant”, but I wonder how well known that name is outside Oakland.

-Tom