The Wire

What is interesting about Carcetti is that he is not really a fictional character but primarilly based on Martin O’Malley.

Robert Chew who played Prop Joe dead at 52

An article well worth reading about one of Baltimore’s native sons.

RIP Robert - he did such a great job bringing Prop Joe to life.

Geez, such a young guy. That’s terrible.

Just guessing-heart attack?

That boy was always a disappointment.

It’s hard work civilizing this motherfucker.

So I’m about to finally finish season 1. It didn’t click with me a year or two ago, but my girlfriend insisted I try again, and holy shit has it clicked now. This show is amaaaazing so far.

I just finished Season 2. Awesome series, certainly one of the best ever. I’m happy that I have 3 more seasons to look forward to. Also, I’m sad that I only have 3 more seasons to look forward to.

I was surprised to see a very young Clarke Peters (Lester Freamon in The Wire) as a lawman in Outland* (1981).

*working class SF - Sean Connery, etc.

HD remastered version after all? I want to believe, but the story was always that it just wasn’t happening due to whatever it was shot with, and I don’t know enough about it or the details to know if what this article is saying refutes that.

Was just coming here to post about this. The widescreen HD version was on amazon briefly a couple weeks back, so it looks legit. Happy to see this show get the HD treatment-- I hope they scan the original film into 4k, for that matter. The Wire represents a real snapshot in time. Also an amazing show, season 2 excepted.

Season two was the best. Pistols at dawn.

TV critic Alan Sepinwall tweets:

They probably decided to go back and make it 3D while they’re at it.

Oh man, I would buy that so fast heads would spin.

#Where’sThisForum’sLikeButton

Who’s the guy in the sunglasses? I thought omar and the bow-tie guy killed stringer?

Not sure if serious… Are you looking at the GIF on a tiny dark cell phone screen where you can’t tell that’s Greedo?

Oh! It’s only up for like a second.