The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Yes, the DLC is unquestionably worth it. The DLC of witcher 3 is from a previous age where there were big, meaty expansions and even then it would have been considered stellar. Once again CD Projekt Red puts other companies to shame.

My only worry is that it is basically impossible for their next game to live up to witcher 3’s quality. That is the danger of setting the bar so insanely high.

I finally got this on GOG’s sale. Gorgeous game. I went through the tutorial with mouse and keyboard annnndddddd I think they really meant this to be played with a controller, so I’m gonna redo the tutorial. Can’t wait to dive in this weekend.

The game has native support for the PS4 controller.

Well I hope it also supports a 360 controller, because that’s what I have. ;)

360 gamepad is the official gamepad of windows after all…

I’ve been playing on a Logitech controller that uses the same basic layout. It’s been just fine.

yeah I finished it twice with 360 controller, plays perfectly but I really recommend the mods like Immersive Cam and Immersive Motion, improve controls and gasp immersion a lot.

Could you please link to the specific mods? There are multiple versions of each I’m finding. Thank you!

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/689/?

get ImmersiveCam v 4.2
get Alternate Horse Controls v 2.1
get Immersive Motion for Gamepads (with Input Adjustment)

Install them properly including placing the xml files, that will give you ability to modify settings ingame - you will be able to customize camera and everything to amazing degree.
Regarding motion, set your input adjustment value (ingame menu option once you place the xml) at around 0.8, gives best result.
It all sounds a bit complicated but the installation takes few minutes and is very very worth it.
Also disable fish eye effect for witcher sense if you do not like it and enable “alternative movement response” in gameplay options, makes Geralt more responsive. And customize the HUD as you want (I remove most unnecesary stuff).

Thanks!

And after you get out of White Orchard, don’t forget to go into options and turn off the option to show undiscovered places of interest on the map. It’s worth repeating, in case you missed that. It makes a huge difference to how you experience the game.

Wait, turn OFF undiscovered PoI’s? Why?

Also, I suuuuhuuck at combat in this right now.

To better appreciate the world and more natural exploration, rather than just following the compass. You won’t have any difficulty finding interesting things anyway.

I’d speak against this.

Showing them lets you check off things to find and some of them are in remote locations that i cant imagine i would have found without the map note.

Witcher 3 also doesnt have any way to mark off where you’ve been as far as i’m aware, which could be a problem if you were trying to wander around aimlessly.

Obviously do what you enjoy best.

That way you’re not just going from one point of interest to the next, and just exploring the world more naturally. After you leave White Orchard, you don’t need it anymore, and the game feels much better to explore without it. I was surprised what a huge difference it made.

If you feel you’re missing out, you can always turn them back on later.

Yeah, I come down on the side of leaving question marks on the map too, but that’s going to be a personal call that you’ll want to work out for yourself. For me though, the world is so big with so much stuff in it (plus so many damn wolves and wild dogs) I just got tired of wandering aimlessly after a while.

I turned Points of Interest back on after I finished Blood and Wine, for when I wanted to wander around, but not completely aimlessly.

Found there was lots of stuff in Skellige! But most of it was underwater…

I’m also in the “turn question marks off camp”. I’d at least turn them off until either you’re ready to leave the map for good, or once you finish the game. The Witcher 3 doesn’t need to feel like an UBI follow the icon game. Getting surprised by the content feels much better to me and more natural.

I also recommend turning them off after White Orchard. It was a design mistake to leave them enabled by default, imo.