The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I respect the opinion of those who either dislike icons on the map or just like to find things for themselves, but I hate the feeling of missing cool things in games. So for me, the question marks stay.

All the cool stuff are quests though, and those are visible and available even if you disable question marks. Question marks are for more mundane stuff like bandit camps, and the game really feels more natural to play with them disabled. But hey, to each their own :)

Yeah, you won’t miss any cool stuff with the question marks off. You will miss a lot of meaningless encounters and boring stuff though. So if that’s your thing, make sure to keep the question marks on.

? Haters represent!

Nekker nest #37 is the coolest thing in the game though. The feels.

You guys don’t understand, I answer to a higher power: my completionist OCD.

Simple. Just tell yourself you’ll clean the map after you’ve made it through the entire game!

I do understand, I am a fellow sufferer, and for my second playthrough I cleaned every PoI.

I do not recommend it. When you get to Skellige, you will regret your decision to not resist your OCD :)

Yep, turn the ? off. You can turn them on later if you like.

Actually, that might work. Postpone my clearcutting tendencies. I’ll give it a shot.

DON’T FALL FOR THAT OLD JEDI MIND TRICK.

How about if I do that for my 3rd time around? I’ll be into Sword of Destiny at some point this week…

That’s fine too, as long as you do get around to it eventually :)

I’m reading the first book in the Witcher series. Definitely makes me want to play again. Going to play again when I get my new OLED 4K HDR TV setup.

That actually sounds like a good plan. Here’s mine:

1. One day read the books
  2. One day buy a 4K HDR TV once my old TV stops working
  3. Get an Xbox One X
  4. Play through Witcher 3 again, and this time play the two expansions for the first time.

Solid plan two thumbs up. Just make sure you don’t drop dead before that one day happens :)

Just finishing up a week in Kraków for work.

As I explored the city, I suddenly felt like I “got” Novigrad a bit more. There’s a lot about this city that reminded me of the city in the game.

@Inverarity please make sure to visit Kraków prior to your 4th playthrough.

…and I’ve begun my 2nd play through (Krakow in 2020 seems about right).

I figure 5-10 hours a week lets me finished around Christmas. I’m surprised how small White Orchard feels this time. I now realize following the logical progression of White Orchard sees you ready to fight the griffin in about 3 hours. Even so, I’ll do some side quests before moving on, but this time I won’t be over-leveled when I leave.

Also this time, I will try Gwent. And romance Triss? I dunno about that one, Yennefer is making a strong case for herself in the Sword of Destiny.

Oh, and a replay is worthwhile just to see Gaunter O’ Dimm. He is creepy as hell waiting in the tavern by himself… now that I know who he is.

Owned this for a while but just started playing it (I still have GTA5 in the shrink wrap and I bought it almost 3 years ago, that’s how long my backlog is). I am really impressed!

The music is fantastic, voice acting is top notch, and Bethesda could really learn from these guys when it comes to animations and dialogue. Game is also beautiful, love the use of lighting and the wind effects are pretty cool! Reminded me of the feeling of being in a sandstorm in Morrowind…can’t remember if Skyrim had wind effects.

Anyway, look forward to putting some time into this one, put aside ME3 which i also just started, hope to stick with it.