The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

On PC and Xbox it is an update, on PS5 it is a new SKU.

Yup, I have what @Wo1verine described – Intel on the motherboard and NVidia separately.

I am in same boat.

CDPR sharing hands-on play on the update to Digital Foundry for a test and review.

DF seem pretty happy with it.

(As noted in the video, DF haven’t had a chance to really dig in too deep yet, it sounds like; this was at a CDPR event they were invited to.)

IMHO an upgrade like this is a great time for a paid expansion to come out and act as poster child.

That would be a must buy, where I’m not sure I’ll put much time in this.

As far as I’m concerned, there’s two expansions!

I predict yet another play through around the holidays. My last one was summer of 2021 with about 12GB of graphical mods.

When’s the gfx update due?

Wednesday.

Next Gen upgrade carries over to the DLCs right?

It would be crazy if it didn’t. So apparently my PS4 version was disc based and my PS5 has no disc. I have a copy on PC, but I want me some sweet sweet haptic support. And it’s like 40 bucks. Maybe I should have gotten the disk version way back when lol.

Does anyone know if saves are compatible between versions, or do I need to start over?

If saves are not compatible, does anyone know if New Game+ eligibility will carry over? Meaning, if I do need to start a new game, and I have a completed save file, could I start it in New Game+?

You probably don’t want me to tell you the digital version for Playstation was on sale for like 10 bucks back around Thanksgiving, then…

Ya well I wasn’t thinking ahead. Oh well… I could wait for it to go on sale again and just play it in the pc for now. Meh

Patch notes!

I wonder if these are optional:

• Community-made and community-inspired mods

Or if this is part of the actual update - meaning CD Projekt Red did little themselves to upgrade the game aside from putting a bunch of already existing mods together.

I mean, for a console player like me, that’s fine, I welcome the upgrades. Just wondering if the PC players already had access to these upgrades, it’s not really an upgrade, is it?

Hmm.

Online Features

• Added a cross-progression feature between platforms. Your latest saves will be automatically uploaded to the cloud so you can easily pick up where you left off on other platforms. Cross-progression provides the latest save for every save type. This feature becomes available after you log into your account.
  • By signing up to MY REWARDS in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, players can receive:

• Swords of the Nine-Tailed Vixen

• White Tiger of the West Armor

• Dol Blathanna Armor Set

• Roach Card