The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Awesome to hear Tyler, hope it keeps being great for you! There’s so much great storytelling and fun gameplay in there to enjoy!

should be about an hour from now, so 7ish EST

Oh I thought it was midnight. This is excellent news if true.

I forgot that I have the GOG version. I bet it doesn’t update at 7. Eh we’ll see.

Downloading from Steam…

45.3gb download from Steam, 52.3gb disk space. (That’s with a full, recent install of Witcher 3 GOTY version).

Downloading on series x. Whoohoo! I’m gonna finish this time. No, for real.

Did they update all the editions? I have both the full game and the GoTY Edition. Since I’m starting over, I’d rather do GoTY so I can get all the achievements over again. I figure after 7 years of time passing and my half-century-old brain aging, it will feel almost like a new game!

I finished it the first time (original release with DLC), but this time I’m gonna 100% this sucker!

Have it on GOG, just started the updating process. 47.64GB

Ya mine is downloading. Noice…Real noice… I have the goty edition for the person who asked

If for some ungodly reason you don’t own the game the complete edition is 10 bucks on gog right now.

How can you check to see if GOG actually updated? I’m clicking on check for updates and nothing is happening so i don’t think it updated.

There was an update button. It was 47 gigs or something like that. Mine is halfway done. Maybe close out and go back in? No way it would have installed without you noticing.

I’m using GOG Galaxy, you can check the downloads section on the left side. That’s where I saw it

Yeah nothing is showing up there, no downloads. Just shows the game installed but it’s definitely not updating

Downloading now. Man…now I’m reconsidering replaying the main game instead of jumping into dlc. Maybe I’ll just keep my save and go do side quests? I kind of barreled throughthe main game last time. Oh, I don’t freakin’ know! Dammit!

Try ‘View Patch Notes’, in the same place you would ‘check for updates’. Once it’s patched it will be at 4.00
2022-12-13 192557

Got it to work I think. Had to try the “verify/repair” option and that is downloading something that’s 47.45GB so i’m guessing thats the update.

Try restarting GoG Galaxy (or your PC). I just downloaded the base GoTY edition, then did a Check for Updates. It didn’t respond, buit I now see it 21GB into a 47.64GB update download. (OG install was only 33GB.)

[Edit: Yay, glad you got it working! Now to go downstairs and update my XSX version – had to clear some space.]

Patch is up on PS5 also. Based on the release map above, it seems they pushed it out quite a bit early.

Started the update on Xbox just after 1900e, no issues. (also have it on PC, haven’t updated that one yet)

Only have time tonight to take a quick look, but it looks glorious (in my opinion, it always has)…haven’t tried the 60fps setting yet.

I always get a chill when I begin again, and see ‘Temeria, road to Vizima’…once more on the path…