The Witcher - New trailers now available from their website

Game using a heavily modified Aurora engine (Neverwinter Nights) being developed by CDProjekt, a Polish based company.

http://www.thewitcher.com/witcher.asp

They’re located in the Downloads section. One is the movie shown at the Games Convention at Leipzig and the other is the movie they presented at E3.

I’m actually looking forward to this when it comes out.

Dhruin just put up a preview at RPGdot - Link

Obligatory Penny-Arcade 'toon:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php?date=2005-05-25

I’ve been looking forward to it for a long time. Is there a semi-definite release date yet? Will it be out before Christmas even?

Will we ever see another party based CRPG with TB combat? I mean, aside from Grimoire.

olaf

Well, I don’t really know how much of an RPG it’s supposed to be, but Night Watch might fit the bill there, olaf.

No, not before Christmas. They are hoping to be code-complete by the end of the year and then do some months of polish/balance/whatever. Looks pretty good, I must say.

Party-based turn-based CRPG? Nope. Night Watch is as close as I can think, other than indies like the frshly announced Avernum 4. Just party-based itself is an endangered species, let along TB.

Released date announced: September 07.

Woot. Yeah, I can’t wait till we start giving you editorial types some hands-on time. Good stuff.

After trying out Jade Empire I’m not sure I ever want an action RPG in a Bioware engine ever again.

So you’re still PRing this one? Cool. Is it still as M-Rated as it ever was?

The latest screenshots look phenomenal.

Remember, The Witcher is based on the Aurora Engine. The CD Projekt team has put a ton of work into the rendering engine, and they’ve totally reworked how the control system works.

And sure, the game’s currently holding down that action-RPG label, but hopefully in the next few months we’ll be able to show off the strength of the role-playing side of the game. That’s where it shines, as far as I’m concerned.

As far as I can tell, yes. (disclaimer: I’m contracting PR to Atari for this title)… whether it stays that way, I don’t know, but I haven’t really seen any indication that they’re going to try to sway from that rating.

Cool. Bewbs. ;)

Seriously though, the game looks great. I’m looking forward to playing it.

I get more intrigued by this game every time I see it. The CDProjekt guys are very passionate not only about the game in particular, but about engaging the player in general; requiring them to make tough decisions that dovetail into later decisions. I don’t know if the whole thing is going to gel, since I’ve only seen it sections. But they’re going a long way towards a “true” role-playing design – you really can decide to be virtuous, selfish, reckless, conservative, pitiless and so forth.

Even with the Fallout games, you still had to save the world in the end. I don’t get the impression that this will be a requirement in the Witcher.

Hey, if Kratos can see a boob or two, why can’t Geralt?

Since this is made by a totally different company I am not sure what your point is.

The trailers are all from 2006.

I hope you can decide to get your hair cut.