The worst thing you'll see all week: John Dies at the End

Title The worst thing you'll see all week: John Dies at the End
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Movie reviews
When January 1, 2013

I met Phantasm director and writer Don Coscarelli once. Well, "met". It was a screening of Phantasm at the Hollywood Cemetery, where he introduced the movie. I made my way over to where he'd been buttonholed by a few fans..

Read the full article

It sounds like you read the original web serial, but have you read the later novel release and/or the sequel, This Book is Full of Spiders? The novel's got some new material and additional editing passes etc, and the sequel's much tighter because it was written as a single coherent narrative. They're some of my favorite writing in a long time. I was hoping the movie would capture that and Coscarelli seemed like a good choice for the material, but sounds like maybe not? Oh well, I guess I'll have to see for myself!

I was interested in the books but as a reader of Cracked David Wong really annoys me with the constant self promoting which kinda put me off giving him money. I know it's petty but I really can't separate the artist from the art sometimes, maybe I'll give them a try one day.

Sounds like this matches my expectations having read the book. It's pretty good but never great, not as cohesive as I would have liked.