The X-Files is Back!

This week’s episode was very funny and very good.

I agree - and seemed a little less forced than most of the episodes from last season. Duchovny and Anderson seem a little more relaxed in their roles, like they’re actually enjoying themselves.

Still, all I wanted from ONE comeback season was for the whole alien story arc to be further fleshed out and concluded, satisfyingly. I feel like 10 episodes into this revival and it’s really gone nowhere.

Whaddya know? The actor playing Skinner is actually old enough to have been in the 'Nam (though he doesn’t look it, and the 1969 version looked to be in his 20’s, not 17).

Wow, tonight’s episode was fun but… paranoid.

I thought that episode was very well done but also freaked me out in a way that next week’s “scary” episode won’t.

Just got around to watching the robot sushi episode from last week. Hilarious, and a not so far-fetched vision of what the future may hold. The cold open where they talked about the actual Microsoft Twitter bot that the internet turned into a racist, misogynistic hate machine in less than a day was an awesome reminder of just how fucked up the world is right now on so many levels.

“We learn from you!”. Indeed.

That episode must have been a blast to write. I loved all the little names for things. The Whipz was especially adorable.
How was your Whipz?

X-Files: Albuquerque? Really??

https://www.thewrap.com/animated-x-files-spinoff-in-development-at-fox/

I don’t know what to say.

Sounds good to me. Sounds like it could be similar to that Lone Gunmen show. That didn’t last long, but I remember enjoying it.

I’m thinking X-Files: Lower Decks for some reason but yeah, guess we’ll see.

I’d have thought X-Files: Vancouver would have been the obvious choice.

Ooooooooh. All these animated franchise shows are because they can record voiceover in a socially distanced way! You guys probably all figured this out, but I hadn’t.

(Or is it too soon for new shows conceived in the spring to be being announced?)

This is why animated shows and “reality tv” shows are the lions share of upcoming tv scheduling. Both lend themselves well to the current situation. Voice overs are obvious but reality tv can be done well isolated and in a “bubble”, more so than scripted TV can.

I would say sports are ideal as well. But the teams and are often large, and they spend so much time together in close proximity, and who wants to play without spectators…

This thread coming up again made me look up what’s going on with X-files: Albuquerque. Sounds like it died, sadly.

Huh. It’s gonna be hard to top a young Gillian Anderson (be still my heart).

It would be cool if the writers could finally come up with a good conclusion to the overarching mythos of the series, though. The show was at its best in that respect right around '94-5 IIRC.