The Xbox One X - Project Scorpio lives and I am a dumbass for thinking it would be the Xbox 10 S

Yeah, I’m throwing my bet down. It’s going to be the “Xbox 10 S”

If I’m wrong, I’ll just change the thread name during Microsoft’s E3 announcement, or maybe I’ll let it stay as a memorial to my idiocy. Woo!

Anyway, the rumors are too many to ignore now and it fits with the Windows 10 S initiative.

That’s a terrible name if true.

I hope not.

I admire your confidence. I’d admire it a little more if you don’t change the thread title if you’re wrong, but hey. Since we’re spitballing though, I’m going to go with Xbox Verde since that rolls off the tongue.

Gotta think like a product marketing manager.

“We could call it just Xbox but that will cause marketing fragmentation. We could call it Xbox One S, but that seems like we’re aping Apple’s iPhone names. There’s a strong argument to name it “Pro” since that puts it on par with the PS4 (PS4 Pro, Xbox One Pro). We could just drop the One now, and call it simply Xbox Pro. I like that, sounds like the shit gamers eat up. Let’s also paint it red.”

Xbox Pro is my bet.

Here’s the breakdown:

This is a still image from a Feel the True Power trailer posted by Microsoft.

The highlighted area has the text “X10S101-317”

This splits up to “X10S” and “101317”

People think the latter is the launch date, while the former is the abbreviation for Xbox 10 S.

Plus, like I already stated, it fits with the Windows 10 S idea and the Microsoft directive to make it all a universe of Windows.

Hey, on the bright side, we can all laugh at me after E3 when I’m wrong.

Ah, good point tying to Windows 10! I think i just mushed my horse.

I mean, it’s got a certain simplicity to it, just throw a zero in there and be done with it. Of course it makes zero goddamn sense, but that’s also very Microsoft.

10 is bigger than 4.

10 > One > 360 > 1!

10 is 2 in binary, so I am going to confidently predict that the model after Scorpio will be the Xbox 11.

while confusing, it’s not more confusing to me that we are about to get Star Wars Battlefront 2 for the second time.

I could see 10/10/2017 as the launch for an Xbox 10, which would explain why the Shadow of War game was delayed to that date. They have a co-marketing deal with MS and it’s the first game announced with specific Scorpio support.

I’m afraid you are right. So afraid.

Anyway, I hope this one has bluetooth support.

What the hell is Windows 10 S?

Thanks 1 2 3 Telefrog! 4 5 6 7 8

Xbox 10 S sounds fine to me. S = super or speedy or whatever.

They will reuse from the 360 era and go with Xbox One Elite.

That would have been an excellent name.

Sadly they already used that name for a version of the console with a hybrid TB hard drive and an elite controller.