The Xbox One X - Project Scorpio lives and I am a dumbass for thinking it would be the Xbox 10 S

I finally hooked up my home receiver setup (for the first time in about 14 months!) and the xbox one x, and I’m really enjoying the console, more than I expected. Gears of War 4 looks stunning. I haven’t booted up Halo 5 yet (got both in the $25 bundle), and I’m really enjoying backwards compatible games, as I had a bunch of unplayed 360 games that I wanted to check out – most notably, I wanted to run through Shivering Isles again, and the new enhanced version of Oblivion makes that a lot more enjoyable than it would have been.

Gears of War 3 also looks extremely good when enhanced, and I was happy to discover it is one of the very rare 3D-games produced for the 360 - that’s actually going to be amazing fun, as the only other 3D games I have are either so old (Killzone 3) or I’ve played them thoroughly (Uncharted 3), or I haven’t gotten through even prior installments in the series (Resistance 3 and Assassin’s Creed 3). I never had a 3D TV when they were released, and now that I have one that finally does the format justice, it’ll be fun to play through them, starting with Gears 3.

I also really, really like Red Dead Redemption on it – obviously it’s a great game, and since there’s apparently no remaster coming, it seems like now is the time to invest in it. It’s not Xbox One (or X) enhanced, but it looks quite a bit better than it did on my PS3, and has a rock solid frame rate. It’s aged very well, and has my interest as much as anything else on my backlog. Finally, I also installed the enhanced version of the original Assassin’s Creed, which I had but never got through. Probably won’t get to it now either, but it’s interesting to see an improved version of it.

Sad that Netflix app doesn’t support Dolbyvision, which at least to me looks a lot better than HDR. But like the Amazon and Twitch apps. Don’t understand any of the TV stuff or if any of it even works in Canada, so probably will just ignore it unless convinced that’s a mistake.

I really appreciate the backwards compatibility functionality - def helped push my purchasing decision forward. So I guess it’s being greedy, but I’m a bit disappointed that some of the other games in my library aren’t BC – Dead Rising, Crackdown, Rainbow 6 Vegas in particular. Not surprising that Cod4 isn’t, given the remaster. It was probably the last game of that type that seemed to have a worthwhile campaign and a better balance between single/multiplayer.