The Xbox One X - Project Scorpio lives and I am a dumbass for thinking it would be the Xbox 10 S

That seems extreme, the 1:45. Are loads more than 90 seconds common on large world Xbox one games?

Not in my experience. The load times on Witcher 3 were definitely the main reason I put the game aside.

It’s not normal. I used to start the loading on Witcher 3 and snap TV to the side or Hulu and watch something. That’s the only way I got through those load times back in 2015. Of course, you can’t do that anymore, but it sounds like if you get an XB1X, the problem goes away.

I just tried it out over here in PC world… probably 20 seconds to fast travel from our place in Toussaint to the Baron’s place in Velen.

And wow this is a good looking game :/

Let me try Novigrad… about 7 seconds from Velen into the middle of Novigrad. Hopefully the new XBox will get to about that…

I wonder why loading would be faster? Maybe it’s a faster hard drive, or the extra RAM helps decompress textures or something?

Microsoft described a couple months ago that they use the extra 4GB ram as a ram disk automatically for any games which don’t explicitly make use of the 4GB ram. Additionally, the hard disk itself is faster (though no specifics about how much faster).

Currently have 7 games patched for X. Hoping more put contents up long before Tuesday.

It’s SATA III instead of SATA II, but hard drives are hard-pressed to saturate SATA II. It’s probably the ram drive in action.

So I’m sitting on a Scorpio Edition pre-order with Amazon, who informed me that it’s arriving on Thursday.

I don’t own a 4K TV, just a 10-year-old 1080p Plasma.

I’ve been debating all weekend on whether to cancel the pre-order or not. $550 is a decent amount of change. I’m cutting it really close, too, because Amazon has gotta ship soon.

Part of me wonders if I can flip it if the Scorpio Edition is in demand by the hardcore. Or I may just keep it. Trying to decide.

I couldn’t fathom getting this without a 4k tv.

It doesn’t need 4K to shine. There are games that will run in 60 fps on the Xbox One X, for instance, and only 30 on the original. Even games that haven’t been Xbox One X-enhanced load significantly faster. Gears and Assassin’s Creed, for instance, both offer 1080p modes with more eye candy and double the frame rate. And I’d expect to see more of that in the future. (Some games like Forza 7 run in 4K and 60 fps, which is best of both worlds, but support right now varies across titles.)

I’m putting one in my home office, where I only have a 2560x1440 monitor for display (which right now it supports only in 1080p, though MS has announced 1440p support is coming), in addition to the family room.

Anyway, whether it’s worth it on a 1080p set is a personal thing, but I’m replacing both our original Xbox One and the Xbox One S we have with X models.

The Xbone release, XboneS, and PS4 are not 1080p consoles. They’re underpowered, not capable of playing most games at 1080p with decent framerates. The PS4 Pro and XboneX both are. That’s a big deal.

Now there’s a healthy debate over whether 4k matters at most TV sizes and couch distances. I don’t think it does, and neither the PS4 Pro or XboneX are true 4k consoles anyway. But 1080p is clearly noticeable, and locking 60fps makes a huuuuge difference to gameplay.

Now the XboneS is frequently available for $200 with a bundled game. The XboneX is over twice the price. If you’re price-sensitive, buy what you can afford. But there’s no doubt that the PS4 Pro and the XboneX do offer a real benefit for that cost.

If I had a dollar for every time Stusser complained about the PlayStation and Xbox I could pay for a One X and couple new games…

The load times might be the best fix since the Epyx Fast Load cart.

I wonder, though, if this will stretch the platform too far. Like, I could imagine coming games that are crap on an Xbox One and good on a One X.

But maybe with the install base everyone has to aim at the base version.

There are [sagan] millions and millions [/sagan] of Xbox One originals out there, and I would imagine the S will outsell the X for quite a while due to price. So I’d be shocked to see poor performance on older consoles anytime soon.

I should be like PCs… High end units will get better visuals and frame rates, but the low end will still get a good experience. And unlike PCs, no Intel integrated graphics performance tier. 🧐

XboneS consoles perform poorly today. They can’t even maintain 30fps at 1080p in many games. They are underpowered.

Now you probably mean that games will continue to run on them for the next couple of years at presentation quality and framerates console gamers have become accustomed to. And yeah, that will happen. But that sucks.

Mine’s on its way, supposed to get to me tomorrow by 8pm. Fingers crossed.

Meh. I have an original Xbone (not even an S). It plays fine. Yeah, yeah, the ‘level we’re accustomed to’- thing is we know that, and it doesn’t matter to us. Your condescension is tiresome.

It isn’t that we don’t know that it could be better if we had a high-end PC, blah, blah, blah, it’s that we have different priorities than you. Price. Comfort. Ease of use. No futzing around with drivers and bullshit- the Destiny thread here was a classic example of this. The game was out for weeks, great discussion from the console players. The moment the PC destiny dropped, the thread was taken over by ‘my performance’ and ‘drivers’ and other PC BS. It got back on track eventually, of course, but it’s why many of us left that gaming space- we just want to play, and the if the trade off is ‘lesser’ visuals (but still to a ‘good enough’ level), that that’s ok. That said, you don’t hear us whining in every thread every time the discuussion turns that way. We all know how you feel, stusser- you’ve made it abundantly clear. You can stop being a shit about it any time.

Sorry you see it as condescension, it was not intended that way.

On a side note, chill the fuck out.

It comes across that way. Continuously.