The Xbox One X - Project Scorpio lives and I am a dumbass for thinking it would be the Xbox 10 S

They should call it the Xbox (late 2017), as they’ll be releasing new Xboxen every couple years as long as consoles remain relevant.

That said, there’s value in branding, and “Xbox Scorpio” sounds cool. Certainly better than Xbox 10 S, or Xbox One Scorpio, or Xbox 10 Scorpio.

But given Microsoft’s general incompetence in the area, I betcha it is Xbox 10 S.

“Xbox Scorpio” would be awesome. I would love that name.

Scorpiox. Xborpio.

Start time vitally important to joke.

Yeah, then each successive revision also gets a “metal” sounding name with a cool mascot.

Xbox Inferno
Xbox Angel Witch
Xbox Beowülf
Xbox Black Widow
Xbox Crimson Cöven
Xbox Cöyöte
Xbox Steppenhound
Xbox Hammerhead
Xbox Steel Wing
Xbox Füry
Xbox Lionheart
Xbox Man-ö-War
Xbox Kingsrÿche
Xbox van Böxen
Xbox Pretzel Füdge

… I could go on.

Every single fucking one of these names is fucking awesome. I dare ÿou to say otherwise, pöseürs.

That is a great lineup of names.

Well, most of them. I’m not sure about Xbox Man-o-War or Xbox Pretzel Fudge.

I would buy ten of these.

Geoff Tate is not amused.

http://geofftate.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/tate.jpg

Ahem

Xbox Pretzel Fudge is terrible. Xbox Pretzel Füdge is AWESOME.

In my mind, it’s pronounced “Fyooodge”.

Fucking New Yorkers

I’d like to change my vote to Xboxbox.

Lol I love how Manowar has a fucking merch plug at the bottom of their video. Even KISS isn’t that shameless.

Anyway Xbox Scorpio. I don’t get the need for this. What’s the point if all the games need to run on old Xbox Ones? Will devs bother to make Scorpio optimised versions of games when they can’t even be bothered to make Xbox exclusives?

Sure, all the engines are scalable. It’s happening already on PS4 Pro, which is dramatically lower performance than XB10S. Higher resolutions, better texture quality, anti-aliasing and anistropic filtering, and better framerates.

Shorter load times would be awesome too. Hell, I’d probably buy one just for that.

I already have that! External SSD drive. It works wonders. Cuts the load times so much if you install games to it. Unfortunately I don’t have much room, so I have to rotate what 3 big games I want on the External SSD at any one time. And the more I rotate in and out, the shorter the lifespan of an SSD, which was already a used drive to begin with. But hey, while it works, it’s awesome.

Shorter load times make certain games a lot better, for sure.

preordered.

FTFY.

XboxxobX is my vote.

Xbox 69, out today!

I think they should try to capitalize on some confusion and go with the PS XBox.

You make a good point. This console is compatible with Xbox One games, isn’t it? So calling it the Xbox 10 seems really ridiculous. Kind of the opposite of the Wii U naming nonsense.