The Xbox One X - Project Scorpio lives and I am a dumbass for thinking it would be the Xbox 10 S

So, my Xbox One (original) downloaded a bunch of huge updates for Halo 5 and other games? Did they push the Xbox One X-enhanced versions to everyone???

You only get the enhanced/4k update if you go into settings and ask the system to:

Halo 5 got an update for all systems with other stuff though:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/updates/overtime

I’ve looked at a buncha sites including Wirecutter but I can’t get a clear answer: are any external drives quieter than the others? Mine is a 5GB drive that only has the usb line and no power cord, it’s loud as hell…

Any info if gears judgement gets it too?

I can’t fathom not getting this if you like gaming on a console.

Nope, no info on that.

Just to be clear, I meant this specifically in his case of already owning a Xbone and being low on funds. The One X looks like a fantastic console.

Just to confirm: I don’t need to do anything more than signing in to the Xbone X, make it my main console, and everything carries over, right? It’s all in the cloud? I can just wipe the old Xbone? I’m probably going to do the network transfer thing in practice, but it’s not necessary, as I understand it.

Ginger_Yellow, if you have a USB drive on your Xbox, you make a backup of your account settings and make it even easier. Go to Settings/System/Back up and Transfer and choose “Back up my settings.” Then plug that drive into your Xbox One X before you turn it on for the first time and during setup it will see your settings and offer to restore them. You’ll have to input your account password, but that’s all.

Alternately, yes, all your saves and games are in the cloud, so you could just wipe the old unit, plug in the new one, enter your Gamertag signin info, and re-download all of your games and you’ll be good to go.

On my S tonight I backed up my settings and copied all the games off my internal drive to the USB 3.0 drive I have plugged in. So tomorrow, I’ll plug that drive into the X, power on, and then after setup completes I’ll move the games we’re playing the most currently to the faster internal drive and then be ready to rock.

I have gigabit internet, so I’m not too fussed about redownloading. I don’t currently have a USB drive attached, but I suppose I could use my PC’s Passport drive, which I’m not using for backup any more.

Just got an email from Square-Enix that Xbox One X enhancements for Rise of the Tomb Raider are available now, so I’ll put that on the list of stuff to try out. You know, once my Xbox actually gets to me.

Is that a Project Scorpio edition, or a regular Xbox One X?

I have my new USB drive, moved all my software on my current Xbox to that drive, made sure all updates were downloaded. And now have to wait till Wednesday at least to get my new box because BestBuy doesn’t understand what release day shipping means. It doesn’t mean SHIP it on release day, but for it to be delivered on that day. I should have just gone for in store pickup, at least I would have it in my grubby hands today.

Scorpio

Woohoo!

Such an awesome package (that’s what she said).

What’s the significance of all the horse shoes in the lettering?

It reminds me of the rings on the Xbox 360 console, but they’re missing a red one.

It’s funny ‘cuz it’s history.