The Xbox One X - Project Scorpio lives and I am a dumbass for thinking it would be the Xbox 10 S

I don’t think that’s how you math.

It is, actually. Mbps = megabits per second. Eight bits per byte. 2/8 = .25.

Do you live in an apartment, is that why your Powerline adapter synced with your neighbors? That’s scary.

No. In the suburbs. That was so surprising.

I swear it was 25 not .25 when I quoted it. To my defense I’ve been deathly sick for 2 days.

Looks like the X1X patch for The Witcher 3 arrived today, so I’m going to need to look back into playing again. Guess I should carve out a good couple months or so.

Yay!!

Sweet. Been anxious for that. Just checked it out to see if I got the update on the Complete Edition (I did). Noticed there are 4K and Performance modes. Can’t wait to try it out!

Just got my LG 65" OLED B7 TV, so now I’m finally ready for some 4K gaming. But what is the best show case, AC: Origins, or something else?

What genres do you enjoy? Digital Foundry has got lots of videos exploring the Xbox One X updates and most look great. AC: Origins would be up there. But depending on what you enjoy, so might Rise of the Tomb Raider, Forza 7, Destiny 2, Star Wars BF2, … The Witcher 3 hasn’t been tested in depth yet, but the patch supports both a 4k and performance mode.

Even Diablo 3 is full 4k. And while that’s hardly a show case game, it looks very good (characters, view from up high in the camp down to the city at the start of act 2) on the X.

So pick your poison. But have a look at the DF coverage if in doubt.

Uhhhh. Destiny 2. :/

@Brakara, here is the DF analysis of The Witcher 3:

Sounds like the 4k mode looks great with a fixed 30fps. The results on the performance mode are more mixed.

Looking forward to my first playthrough of that game at last.

Well crap -

Dongle is already pricing at nearly $400 on Amazon from third party sellers. Guess my Kinect is going back in the box.

Dangit, I made the pour one out for the homies joke like a year ago.

Dang. Glad I picked one up before the holidays at the $39.99 price (though I was hoping for a holiday special. I still want to finish Fantasia, and check out some other Kinect titles.

$100 gift card when purchased from dell:

Dell is offering the 4K- and HDR-compatible console straight up with a $100 gift card to its online store.

Now, there’s a few caveats here: Dell says the gift card will arrive over email “within 20 days,” the credit expires within 90 days, and you have to really want to play certain Xbox One games in 4K for the One X to be worth it. If you do, though, and you want to use that extra $100 toward, let’s say, a monitor or various PC accessories, give it a look. For those who don’t need the absolute strongest Xbox console, Dell is running a similar deal on the $280 Xbox One S as well.

Dell sells $100 XBL giftcards, so you could just move the money over there and then spend it on games. Of course Dell also sells physical games and Xbone accessories too.

XBL giftcards would be great. Then you could just have them in your account without time expiration issues, and the next big sale you could start spending it. $100 can go a lot farther during sales than just whatever random price Dell is charging for games right now.

Yes, it really is $100 off the XboneX if you ever plan to buy any games.

I’m having such a wonderful time right now with Xbox Customer Support. I had purchased Microsoft Complete when I bought my One X last month at the MS Store in Bellevue (practically Microsoft’s home town). It’s not showing up on my warranty.

Have had to take pictures of the receipt and my Xbox, but when I emailed them from my iPhone, they somehow turned from jpg to png, which the customer service guy says they can’t open (really? you can’t open a file format that’s been around for decades?)

So have to save the damn things to the cloud, grab them on my desktop, and re-send them. Now waiting.