The Xbox One X - Project Scorpio lives and I am a dumbass for thinking it would be the Xbox 10 S

Go like Sonys numbering but go straight to 5 so they can make some people think it’s better cause it’s one number higher now than the Playststion.

Xbox Shoulda-Been-Ryzen.

Forgot about this thread…

We’ll see. Almost feels like intentionally setting higher expectations pre-show so when they announce lower everyone is wowed.

Yes let’s see if this is like the Ars Technica report on how no one plays Backwards Compatibility. ;-)

I’d argue Keighley’s intel is correct and the leak is intended to get this out of the way ahead of the conference.

This is a perplexing move after having lost the current console generation to Sony. Maybe Microsoft attributes their loss to performance alone? That’s pretty hard to support. The PS4 was (slightly) faster but more importantly it was substantially cheaper too.

This lineup is a bit different as both Sony and Microsoft have very inexpensive consoles in the same generation, the PS4 and XBoneS. Maybe that will do it.

It is gonna be called Xbox Scorpio.

scratch that, that would make too much sense for MS

$499 launch is crazy.

As such, I expect it to be correct.

Confirmed as Xbox One X

Why, MS isn’t doing the Razors at a loss make it up with blades ideology just like Sony. This has to be sold at around cost. It’s a premium , niche product. Just like with the PS4 Pro most Xbox sold will still be the S version.

It was pretty clear from the original Xbox One pricing the company had lost its appetite for selling hardware at a loss.

It was pretty clear from the original Xbox One pricing the company had lost its appetite for selling hardware.

This crow tastes delicious!

The code in the screenshot was wrong about the release date too.

It’s almost like that was a total nothing imaginary ARG.

Site’s up.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one-x

I understnad Sony pushing 4k, because want to sell TVs.

I don’t understand the world of consoles, that can’t achieve 1080p60Hz to push for 4k. It will be 4k at 30 Hz probably.

X Box One X

XBOX

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/c9/c944ffe3216d82e608c50247cd37b58368114bd37bb850305b0d0899029571c0.jpg

Random thought: With Microsoft having to slash prices on the Xbone to try and catch up with Sony this gen, they’ve devalued the hardware to the point that:

1. people who might trade in their old system for an XboneX are going to get less for their console, making an upgrade less attractive
  2. the price difference between an XboneS and X is large enough to make it an even harder sell than the PS4 Pro for someone wanting to buy in for the first time

Maybe I’m just not impressed by the reveal since I’ve already got a high end PC and don’t have a 4k TV. Hard to see this selling well at $500 though.