The XBOX One

As luck would have it, all three games are on sale this week. I recommend The Bureau, that was a pretty cool little game.

I’d love to play The Darkness (originally on the 360 I played it for about 4-5 hours when visiting my brother) to completion. It wasn’t as good as the sequel, but it was pretty darn cool. At least for the time. Maybe it doesn’t hold up these days?

I always meant to check out the Bureau, but never found the time.

Nice. Still loving the backwards compatibility. Finally got all the achievements in Lumines Live last month.

Missed this one earlier, but heads up: no more back compat releases until next year.

Well, hell. Someone else made a thread about Below, a weird, neat looking dungeoncrawler that’s finally being released in a few weeks after years in development. And now just tonight, completely out of the blue, a different weird, neat looking dungeoncrawler that’s been in development forever, Ashen, has been released. And added to Game Pass for immediate download for users of that service.

I’m downloading and installing right now. Said to have a strange, intermittent, Souls-like online component, I’m excited.

Below will also be on Game Pass. It’s like Microsoft don’t want more of my money… weird but awesome.

I gave this game an hour of my time and all it did was waste it. Uninstalled.

EG recommends it:

If anyone has missed out on Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, it’s coming to Game Pass this month. Try it with headphones on.

Xbox Games Pass (December Update):

• Ashen (December 7)
  • Mortal Kombat X (December 7)
  • Kingdom Two Crowns (December 11)
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 19 (December 13)
  • Spintires: Mudrunner (December 13)
  • Below (December 14)
  • Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice (December 17)
  • Ori and the Blind Forest (December 20)
  • Shadow Warrior 2 (December 20)

Wow, fantastic lineup.

My plan is to try to finish RDR2 in December, and sign up for Game Pass on January 2nd. (Jan 3rd is the last day that it’s $1 to sign up).

Don’t worry, I’ve still got my Microsoft Rewards codes in my email somewhere. I bought two of the “hot deals” versions that are available nowadays. I can still use those later in the year when I’m not playing games I own (like RDR2).

Best check the expiration dates, the MS rewards I got were time-limited. I got a notice a while back that the $0.20 in my MS balance would be expiring soon, so I should spend it soon.

I just checked both emails and checked all the fine print. There’s no mention of any expiration date.

I realize that Xbox One owners who use Game Pass is a small subset of a small subset on Qt3, but I figure this is worth passing along - few more games leaving Game Pass soon, check them out quickly if you want to play them.

No big loss there. Bayonetta Gold members already have, same with MGSV: Ground Zeroes. WRC 5 would be the only loss for me. I was playing through the tutorials on those (they have a LOT of tutorials) last time I had game pass.

I didn’t realize there was a Farming Simulator on Game Pass currently. Kind of bummed it’s leaving, I’ve been meaning to try it out ever since @Knightsaber spoke so highly of it.

You can probably pick up FS17 for cheap now that 19 is out, and it has a rich modding scene.

At this point it’s almost crazy to not have game pass if you have an Xbox One.

Agreed. I just got a full year for half price thanks to an Amazon offer. So many games to play for the price of a single game per year.