The XBOX One

That was my first thought too when I read that story earlier today.

Funny thing is, I had just uninstalled Late Shift recently in order to install Forza Horizon 4 again.

Vampyre on sale this week for $15 (Gold members). Anyone want to weigh in before I, uh, bite? Specifically, did anyone try the Story mode that was put out a few months after release?

Man, too many damned things on my plate. I wasn’t able to get use out of Game Pass’ two months this time. I still have it until first week of April, but I haven’t been able to play as much Crackdown as I’d like. On the Xbox, when I sit down and the TV is actually free, I usually use those 10-15 minutes to play Dead Cells. I just can’t resist that game.

But wait, Crackdown 3 is on PC as well! And I have it installed! But no, DiRT Rally 2.0 came out and I can’t resist that. And then the original Diablo came out on GoG, so I’m playing through that as well.

Crackdown 3 I still play on the weekends, but progress is slow since I’m usually out of practice by then. I’m only 10 hours in or so, and I have most of the stuff in the starting district except for one Police Station and one chemical plant, both of which seem to be impossible.

Whereas I have been unable to get Crackdown 3’s hooks out of me, despite the fact that I am still in the middle of Anthem and just started Division 2. Those orbs, they are a-callin’!

My main problem is that I usually only get 10-15 minutes, and that’s not enough time to get much done. Not on the highest difficulty anyway. I can’t wait until I’m much higher on the power curve, where I can take people one on one without having to retreat and come back.

That’s one reason I keep playing Crackdown 3 is because it works great in 15 minute increments, I can jump in, noodle around and put it aside. Of course I’m not playing on the highest difficulty, because I’m no masochist.

There’s your answer on whether to buy Vampyre for $15 I guess.

Well, okay then. I was leaning ‘no’ anyway, because this cool-looking little indie RPG Outward comes out next week, and Vampyr has gone on sale regularly (though those is the cheapest it’s been).

So don’t buy any Square Enix games separate if your a Gamepass subscriber. Pretty much everything goes there now.

Good point. Final Fantasy X will come out late April, I bet it will follow the same pattern. On the other hand, I’m hoping they price it reasonably so that I can buy it outright. I want to reward Square for porting it to Xbox. I can’t wait to play through it a fifth time and get achievements for it this time! :)

I’d be surprised if it comes to Game Pass. SquareEnix (rightfully) knows that they have cash cows in the Final Fantasy series, which is why half the time they either aren’t included or are on minimal discount during the big SE publisher sales.

Thanks for mentioning this. I have somehow completely missed this title and just looked it up. Looks really interesting with the way they are leaning into survival (if executed well). I’m definitely interested.

Yeah, it really does look neat. I’m no real fan of survival stuff (unless it’s done well, which is almost never), but this looks really cool.

And only $40, so that’s nice.

Along with what @LockerK said above, Square Enix is already charging $10 more for that release on Xbox One (and Switch) than they did on PS3, Vita, PS4, and PC. I wouldn’t expect any “cheap” access via Game Pass or anything else.

Just saw this, Xbone press release from GDC.

Buried in there:

Void Bastards on GP at release! Yes!

Wow, yeah, that is great news. Void Bastards, for those that don’t remember, is from the Australian part of former Irrational Games developers, sort of a cross between a random level RPG and System Shock.

Huh, this might not be new info but it’s the first I’m hearing of it -

“Growing out of these recent discussions, we are partnering with StudioMDHR to investigate bringing Xbox Live features beyond Xbox and PC to Nintendo Switch. Yes, this means that fans will now have the opportunity to experience StudioMDHR’s award-winning debut game on Nintendo Switch with Xbox Live! We’ll be working with StudioMDHR to implement Xbox Live features into Cuphead on the Nintendo Switch in the coming months.”

edit: whoops, the part I quoted didn’t actually mention the game’s name, this is bringing Cuphead to the Switch.

Yeah, that’s newly announced today. I think my Google News pop-up has mentioned it at least three times.

Damn, I just bought a used Gamefly disc for $20 last week. First it goes on sale for less, then it’s coming to XGP. Ah well, at least the boys can play it too if they want.

EDIT: What Remains of Edith Finch goes live on XGP tomorrow. Recommended to anyone who enjoys a low-pressure discovery game on the lines of Tacoma.