The XBOX One

Yeah, I got that message too. Oh well, I knew it was too good to be true. Easy come, easy go.

I guess it’s back to getting Game Pass through Microsoft Rewards again.

Holy crap, that would freak me out (not to mention annoy the heck out of me) if I saw a daily charge from Xbox for 5 cents on my credit card bill.

Heh. But at 5 cents a day, that’s only 18.25 for 365 days. It was hella cheap. For that, I’d get over any freakouts. :)

To follow up on this, I had a pretty good weekend, so I bought these two before the sale ended. They’re are a few more I wanted, but my backlog is already too big via Game Pass and whatnot. Sale is still on for a few more hours!

Holy shit, you guys. I know this one is targeted very specifically towards me, so I just want to thank the Xbox Live Gold picker.

TT Isle of Man - Woooooooo
Call of Cthulhu - Not familiar with Cthulhu, or his call
Fable Heroes (360) - There was another Fable game? What?
Star Wars Battlefront (Original Xbox) - Ew, no thanks.

Anyway, I’ve been wanting to try the over-priced TT Isle of Man since I read this review:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-03-09-tt-isle-of-man-review-motorsports-greatest-challenge-is-brought-to-vivid-life

Subheadline for that review: “A middling racer in a dreary package that contains one of the finest achievements in the racing genre in years.”. Not exactly the kind of endorsement that makes you want to buy a game for $72 retail. But for a Game with Gold giveaway? Yes please!

Here is the thread on CoC:

It didn’t turn out as great as I hoped it would.

So wrong. I’ve had so much fun replaying that one in offline multiplayer with the kids over the years. It’s so great it’s part of the BC program. Will be good to have a digital version for when my disc gives up…

The other 2, I won’t bother picking up.

I’ll for sure grab CoC, but if I’m honest, I doubt I’ll ever play it. It’ll go into the backlog with Vampyre and others that seem interesting, but have such middling word of mouth that every time I think about firing it up, I’ll talk myself out of it.

Holy crap, TT Isle of Man has a $71.99 MSRP? Why?

From that review above:

now, at long last, we have the real deal: a laser scanned reproduction of the Snaefell Mountain course, all 37.73 miles and 264 corners of it.

And it is a glorious thing. Set out from Douglas, across Bray Hill and out into the wilds; go forth to conquer corners with such bucolic names as Ballacrye Bend, Kerrowmoar and Brandywell. It’s a country ride that’s been fully weaponised; long and winding canopied roads giving way to small villages with their Spar supermarkets and please drive responsibly signs, all passing at eye-watering speeds. Towards the end of a lap, which takes just under 20 minutes to complete, there’s the Snaefell mountain itself, visible from some miles away and looming ever larger until you’re on its climbs and ascending into the heavens. The sense of place is impeccable.

Laser scanning a 38 mile course across a whole island couldn’t have been a cheap endeavor, and it’s a really niche game and genre. I suspect the only way they thought they could make their money back was to sell it to the hardcore for a really high price.

EDIT: When you google Isle of Man, this is the description that comes up:

The Isle of Man is a self-governing British Crown dependency in the Irish Sea between England and Ireland. It’s known for its rugged coastline, medieval castles and rural landscape, rising to a mountainous center. In the capital, Douglas, the Manx Museum traces the island’s Celtic and Viking heritage. The Isle of Man TT is a major annual cross-country motorcycle race around the island.

So this would be the exact opposite of “we’re passing the savings on to you!”

is this the great reveal teased in the twitter or is something else coming?

The price seems to be a typo, the image has $59.99 and looking on Amazon it’s £50, ie standard new game pricing.

If you’re talking about TT Isle of Man, I can confirm it was that price for a long time. But yes, it’s not at that super high price anymore, since the game has been out for a long time now. I kept trying to vote for it for Request Wednesdays for the longest time, but it never won.

I’ll definitely check out the Isle of Man game.

Open world air combat game with hints of Privateer developed by 1 man? This looks awesome.

That looks amazing, thanks for sharing. He mentioned Freelancer at the beginning (one of my favorites back in the day), but it also reminds me of the OG Xbox Crimson Skies. I’ll be keeping an eye on that.

The tech details go right over my head but the game does look very interesting.

it looks like the XBox One All Digital edition was specially made for me ;) To have access to all my 360 Arcade games again with my old xbox profile was really great.It looks like filling up 1 TB storage with game pass is no problem at all. It feels like I am locked in a candy store… so much candies everywhere. And finally replaying E4 after so many years, I got tears in my eyes…

Finally over 200,000 GS. Woot.

Nice. I finally hit 100,000 this month. I was proud of myself, that I didn’t even post about it. Oh wait. D’oh!