The XBOX One

If you say so, I guess I believe that the system is technically capable, but it really doesn’t seem to be my experience. Perhaps it’s on a per-game basis. I’ve been playing a lot of No Man’s Sky the last few months and there has been several updates. Every time, I wake the PS4 from ‘sleep’ mode (not full shutdown), and go to launch NMS and it tells me it needs to download a multi-gig update, even when the update has been out for a few days. Just the other day, I bought The Sinking City, and had to wait for it to completely finish (35 gigs, if I remember correctly) before I could start.

Contrast this with the Xbone, when I wake it up and click ‘My Games and Apps’, it’s sorted by recently updated, and there is always something in the last few days- often a game I haven’t played in months. I’ve never had to wait for an update that I can remember. Last week I grabbed the free WH40k Inquisitor, and was playing in less than 5 minutes at 25-30% downloaded.

It’s possible the automatic updates are a PS Plus feature. Can’t remember. Or you may just need to enable if from the settings menu.

If it’s a ps+ feature, that would be super annoying. MS was (rightfully) pilloried for being consumer unfriendly at the start of this cycle, but have made huge strides in that department. One could argue that being the underdog, they had to. But man, Sony is just taking the cake here (see, for example, the cloud saves thing upthread).

EDIT: So I just went looking. Under Settings>Power Save>Rest Mode, ‘Stay connected to the Internet’ is checked, which says it can download update files and content, and upload saved data. Under System>Automatic Downloads>Application Update Files, it says I can automatically download update files while the unit is on, and PS+ members can download files in rest mode. Fuckers.

I’ve never been able to get my PS4 to autosave to the cloud upon exiting a game, even though it’s supposed to do so.

Most likely - your cloud storage is full or your console isn’t your home / primary for some reason.

I have plenty of cloud storage and it is my home console.

Assuming you have plus then I have no idea.

I’ve had inconsistency with updating games/apps on both consoles. There are times it works and sometimes I try to start a game up and it says I need to DL an update.

Wow, that’s so bad I’m having a hard time believing it actually works like that.

It took a couple days but they issued my refund. I don’t know when Microsoft started allowing refund requests, but it’s cool they’re doing so now days.

From the horse’s mouth…

If you sign in to PSN on a friend’s PlayStation system, you can pick up from the last save on your online storage. Don’t forget to manually upload your saves as they won’t upload automatically from your friend’s PlayStation system.

I already own half of them, and I have never heard of Coffee Talk, but the Shantae games are fun.

I have Sine Mora on the Switch. It’s not my favorite shootemup.

That’s the first really terrible month.

Coffee Talk is actually pretty nice and worth playing.

Hmmm, okay, in that case, scratch that. I’m glad this won’t be the first really terrible month.

Another Shantae game already?

Not that I mind, I liked the one I played on the 3DS, just that we just got one in GwG recently.

I am underwhelmed. Already tried the Shantae game when it was on XGP, it was lo-res, controlled poorly, and the mechanics were overly complicated. I suspect it was a port.

Meanwhile, Sony is adding CoD WWII today. Perhaps to make up for their own underwhelming combo of Farming Sim 19 and Cities Skylines for May.

Which is not a very good game. I’m one of those who actually looked forward to it with the “boots on the ground” slogan (hate the future CoDs), and that it was made by Sledgehammer. But the single player campaign is all over the place, trying to be serious while also in some cases being more ridiculous than something like MW3, which makes it hard to remember that it’s actually a WWII game.

And in the mp you get loot boxes dropped on the beaches of Normandy. I mean, seriously? Fuck that game.

Yeah, CoD WWII thread on Qt3 was very convincing to me that I shouldn’t waste my time playing that game.