The XBOX One

I really wish XBox Live had a wishlist and the ability to gift digital things

Crazy, but the Xbox One was revealed 4 years ago today.

We don’t discuss the Bad Days

From 2013:

I tried, but my TV put me in the friendzone.

This weekend, I really missed Snap mode. Lords of the Fallen is the perfect game to play while watching/listening to the Sunday morning talk shows. I hate that I have to make a choice now. Either the Sunday morning talk shows, or play the game. Can’t do both. Wistful Sigh.

Dear god, why would you willingly subject yourself to the Sunday morning talk shows?

Looks like June GwG is announced:

Phantom Dust multiplayer DLC is free for the entire month
June 1 - 15, SpeedRunners
June 16 - July 15, Watch Dogs

For Xbox 360:
June 1 - 15, Assassins Creed 3
June 16 - June 30, Dragon Age

Speedrunners? I like the name.

Ugh. Watch Dogs. The most disappointing game of this generation.

I already had Assassin’s Creed 3 and Dragon Age. I guess it will be good not to require a disc for AC3 when I finally finish AC: Revelations.

I don’t own any of them, so good month for me. I did own AC3 on disc but got rid of it long ago. Kind of like to try it again, it’s always been one of my favorite AC games, but everyone else seemed to hate it. Also never played Dragon Age on console, but I played the first two on PC. Wonder if that’s worth trying.

I only owned Dragon Age but will be nice to have it digitally - been meaning to replay it since I never finished it.

And have always been curious about Watch Dogs.

The Xbox Game Pass(EA Access like service but multiple publishers) is live for Gold subscribers, non subs can get in June 1st.

$9.99 a month in US.
100 + Xbox one and 360 games.
No limit to number of titles you can have except for available HD space
14 day trial

Oh cool. Do we have a list of games? Is there a discounted annual rate, like Live? Guess I’ll go wander the internet and see if I can find out.

Here’s the list.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-game-pass#gamesection

And while there is a free two week trial, looks like no long term subscription option, just $9.99 per month. Think I’ll wait and see how this one shakes out.

It’s tough leading into this after the phenomenal Backwards Compatible sale where I picked up so many titles now featured as part of the Game Pass.

That said, if this had come out last summer when I just bought my Xbone and didn’t have any games this would have been a no-brainer so it might be great for gamers with small libraries or new to the system.

Not a bad starting line-up.

If I signed up, games I would want to personally try/play:

• Mad Max X1
  • Gears of War Ultimate X1
  • Resident Evil 0 X1 (just to try it, to see how bad it is)
  • ScreamRide X1
  • Steredenn X1
  • Strider X1
  • The Golf Club X1
  • The Swapper X1
  • XCom Enemy Within 360
  • Blood Bowl 2 X1 (probably not my thing, but I’ve always been curious to see it)
  • DMC Definitive Edition X1 (I’ve been tempted to buy this at the $10 price point several times during sales)

So not bad. If I had some time during a particular month when I wasn’t busy with games I already owned, I think that will be a good time to subscribe for a month at a time, in short spurts, like I do with Hulu.

Yeah, this would be a no-brainer for someone new to Xbox. Between Games with Gold and various sales and just being in the Xbox ecosystem for over 10 years, I’ve got a bigger library than I know what to do with. I’m interested in game pass, but I’m going to need to see more games I don’t already own that I really want to play before I sign up.

Yup. This is where I’m at. I can see how this might be appealing to someone coming at it as a new Xbox player, but if you’ve been in the system a while, there isn’t much here for you.

I think this is a great answer to the “I just got this new console, now what” problem the new console buyer can have.

Not so much for the guy who’s been buying Xbox games right up to three days ago in the big BC sale. But then I knew where the Game Pass candidates were coming from, didn’t I?

EDIT: the list

A Kingdom for Keflings
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
Comix Zone
Defense Grid 2
Electronic Super Joy
Farming Simulator 15
Gears of War 3
Hexic 2
IDARB
A World of Keflings
Age of Booty
Banjo-Kazooie
Double Dragon Neon
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
Fable III
Final Fight: DblImpact
FLOCK!
Galaga Legions DX
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Gears of War: Judgment
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition - Day One Version
GRID 2
Halo 5: Guardians
Halo: Spartan Assault
Iron Brigade
Jetpac Refuelled
Joe Danger 2: The Movie
Joe Danger Special Edition
Joy Ride Turbo
JumpJet Rex
Kameo
Banjo Kazooie: N n B
Banjo-Tooie
BC - Rearmed 2
BioShock
BioShock 2
BioShock Infinite
Blood Bowl 2
Borderlands
Bound by Flame
Braid
Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons
CAPCOM ARCADE CABINET
CastleStorm
Comic Jumper
D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die
Dark Void
de Blob 2
Defense Grid
DIG DUG
DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition
Knight Squad
KYUB
Layers of Fear
LEGO Batman
Lumo
Mad Max
MASSIVE CHALICE
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood
Mega Coin Squad
Mega Man™ Legacy Collection
Metal Slug 3
Monday Night Combat
Ms. Splosion Man™
MX vs ATV Reflex
N+
NBA 2K16
NEOGEO BATTLE COLISEUM
OlliOlli
OF: Dragon Rising
PAC-MAN CE DX+
PAC-MAN MUSEUM
PAYDAY 2: CRIMEWAVE EDITION
Perfect Dark Zero
Pumped BMX +
Resident Evil 0
Roundabout
Sacred 3
Saints Row IV: Re-Elected
Sam&Max Beyond Time…
Sam&Max Save the World
Samurai Shodown II
ScreamRide
Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.
Sega Vintage Collection: Golden Axe
Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World
Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage
Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse
SOULCALIBUR
SOULCALIBUR II HD
Spelunky
Splosion Man
Stacking
Steredenn
Strider
Sunset Overdrive
Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings
Super Time Force
TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2
Terraria
The Golf Club
KOF98UM
The Maw
The Swapper
Toy Soldiers
Toy Soldiers: Cold War
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Viva Piñata
Viva Piñata: TIP
WWE 2K16
XCOM: Enemy Within

Off the top of my head, I know I own 49 of them on the Xbox platform, let alone other consoles or PC.

It’s not a bad game - if you enjoyed the first few RE games then this is more of the same but much prettier. It was enjoyable but never did finish it on the GC; put it down to play something else and just never bothered going back to it. As much as I loved the earlier games, I think RE4’s controls spoiled me for RE games and I had played that sometime just before RE 0.