The XBOX One

Ah, you’re right - I remember now being annoyed at not being able to queue orders. I think I got over it by just focusing on my main character and only every now and again taking control of one of the others. And still I enjoyed those games (even the 2nd one!).

But it’s kind of nice we’ve gotten to the point where PC games are ported over to consoles and aren’t just 1st person shooters. Love that I am able to play games like Divinity: Original Sin and XCom on a console.

Dragon age did allow you script commands, which was part of the character upgrade path to get more slots as I recall.

Did you ever get your games? I still haven’t. Are other people still waiting?

I checked again on Wednesday and nothing. I guess watching their main stream wasn’t enough to trigger it?

It was for me and for others simply watching a short portion of the E3 chats with developers.

If your Mixer and Live account were properly associated, it should, in theory, have been recorded immediately. That’s assuming you were on the MS channel, and not one of the channels hosting it.

Wendelius

I loaded up the stream and left it running multiple times over the course of the week, and finally got the freebies the day after E3 ended. It’s incredibly inconsistent.

I think I’m relatively intelligent and I thought I did it right, but again, life goes on. It would’ve been nice to get Rare Replay for free, but I guess it wasn’t meant to be?

If you’re interested in pursuing, the FAQ (cached, because the URL is redirecting for me) suggests contacting support. Seems you have a legitimate gripe.

Yeah I doubt I would have ever bought Rare Replay but it’s cool to have. Hopefully there is recourse for those of you that haven’t gotten your freebies yet.

I dunno. I always feel like an ass complaining about not getting something for free. That’s why I’m trying to downplay it with each reply here tbh.

I don’t think following up and letting them know you went through the steps and haven’t gotten the games is out of line. If nothing comes of it, oh well.

I just noticed there is a free demo of Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite on the Xbox store if you are interested.

Grabbed this on GwG (in April) and just started playing last night. The campaign is seriously on rails, but it’s been fun, and a nice change from Destiny lately.

It is weird hearing the other Roman leaders exhorting the “lads” to move forward, etc. however. ;)

What was the verdict on the MP? Looks like there are co-op campaign levels and gladiator matches (or are those SP? - haven’t tried yet)?

Sadly I never tried those modes, so I don’t have an answer for you. I only played through the main campaign, and enjoyed that.

By coincidence, the game I often compare Ryse to, Jet Set Radio Future, is something I fired up again this weekend on the original Xbox. Gosh, that game is so awesome. And the original Xbox controller, OMG you guys, I like it so much better than the 360 and XB1 controllers! It just feels so much better in your hand, the way it fills your hand. And the way it feels so comfortable. And the thumbsticks are so solid the feel is better than both the modern controllers.

To be fair though, the thumbstick are not also buttons like they are on 360 and XB1, so they can be designed differently.

I never made it past the tutorial. Turns out the game isn’t for me, so I’m glad it was free.

[quote=“Rock8man, post:8499, topic:72618, full:true”]the original Xbox controller, OMG you guys, I like it so much better than the 360 and XB1 controllers! It just feels so much better in your hand, the way it fills your hand. And the way it feels so comfortable. And the thumbsticks are so solid the feel is better than both the modern controllers.

To be fair though, the thumbstick are not also buttons like they are on 360 and XB1, so they can be designed differently.
[/quote]

I have a left thumb Destiny callous from having to push the left thumbstick to run so much in that game.

July’s GwG:

XB1:
Grow Up
Runbow

X360:
Kane & Lynch 2
Lego Pirates of the Carribean

My 2 cents:

Yay! Grow Up is nice, though I’m still stuck at the beginning since the game starts much more open ended than the original Grow Home. Too much freedom!!! But I do plan to get back into it soon.

Runbow looks like another one of those nice same-machine multiplayer games that GwG has a nice library of now.

Kane & Lynch 2: I’m kind of excited for this. I would have dismissed it completely based on most reviews, but I remember Tom had a favorable review of it that made me want to try it some day.

Lego: Blah, I don’t care about any lego games.

Edit: I tracked down Tom’s Kane & Lynch 2 review. The score isn’t that high, but Tom mentioned the game several times throughout that year favorably when talking about other games.

Glad to hear good things about Grow Up. When I saw the announcement, my first thought was that this is a pretty poor month, and that it could be a signpost of what to expect out of GwG games now that the Gamepass is live (basically that the quality of the games will go down, and that there will be fewer former AAA games available). It still does seem as if the crippling of GwG could be happening as I don’t see these games as up to the quality of a lot of other months of GwG.

New Backwards compatible games:

Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood
Radiant Silvergun
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
Cyber Troopers Virtual-On OT
Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3

I’ve never heard of the last two. I think the addition of Brotherhood makes all the 360 era games backward compatible now? No wait, there’s still Liberation, the port of the PSVita game.

I liked Blazing Angels, the first two or three missions that I played. It reminded me a little of the original Crimson Skies. It had less personality though, obviously, so that’s why I stopped playing. But it had similar style missions, like I had to fly low and rescue someone from the top of a moving train, for example.

Radiant Silvergun aw yiss