The XBOX One

According to the Slime Rancher thread, the game is launching version 1.0 on August 1st. So presumably the full game official release should smooth out EA issues maybe? Besides, when I played the full version of Don’t Starve, there’s plenty of stuff you CAN go to a wiki for, or better still, you can experiment and discover it yourself. Maybe this game is like that?

I can’t give a thorough summary but in short I found it fine. It let you control the action immediately at the start but I remember it giving helpful and mostly unobtrusive guidance to get the slime ranch started. Things like “vacuum up these types of slimes”, “put them in this penned area”, “this is how you feed them”, “this is how you collect resources from them”, etc. Some elements were explained while others were fun to puzzle out or were a nice moment of serendipity. It didn’t strike me as a game that really required a wiki (which I also hate) unless things get far more complex or convoluted later on.

I can’t go into too many details since my 6 year old son was the one with the controller and I was offering guidance over his shoulder. He was more concerned with vacuuming and spitting out slimes and pure exploration than he was with running an efficient ranch, lol.

What information I have been able to find out the game indicates that Slime Rancher is quite forgiving of mistakes and will allow you to play sloppy.

That’s good, thanks.

Don’t Starve was actually top of my mind when I made the previous post. I’ve tried that game multiple times, on both PC and on iPhone, and every time the UI and presentation was fairly overwhelming to me and I wasn’t really sure what to do, and also didn’t feel like looking up a guide to help me get started.

Also pretty stoked about getting Bayonetta on back compat, I never played it and heard it was good. Think I tried the demo back on the 360? But I’m also hopeful that this means Vanquish is coming, because I really wanted to try that.

And speaking of back compat, a bit of a milestone: with today’s releases (Gyruss, Raiden IV and Red Faction Armageddon) that puts the total over 400 games.

More excellent news for Xbox.

Killing Floor 2 finally making it onto this platform August 29th!

Release Date: Xbox One August 29th 2017, Xbox One X at launch
Price: $39.99 (US) /£ 34.99 (UK) /€39.99 (EU)

Probably my favorite (and most played game) this year.

Ah crap, the Red Faction game that will be given away as GwG is not Red Faction Guerrilla, which is what it was in my head. It’s Red Faction Armageddon, the linear follow-up game that was crap. RF: G was already given away as part of the GwG program back in 2014, but is not backwards compatible.

RF:G was able to pull off the environmental destruction Crackdown 3 boasts but can’t pull off without the cloud.

RF:G is one of my top 3 gaming experiences from the 360.

I never got what the big deal was about Guerilla myself. All that destruction was kind of neat, until you blew up a bridge that you needed to get across and now you’ve got to chart a torturously circuitous path around.

/Signed.

Great game.

Even had great multiplayer.

RF:A was kinda neat with the “playback” function… but I’d rather have more open world-stuff than down in the caves.

At least it wasn’t Red Faction 2, that game sucked.

Yeah, the reason I hated RF: A for the brief time I played it is that using your weapons to fight enemies meant that you ended up destroying your own way forward. So you had to constantly pull out that stupid reconstituting doohicky to put structures back together again so you could move forward.

And yes, I played through and finished Red Faction 2. It was utterly forgettable. The only thing I remember is that I played as a team of characters, switching to them one by one during the story. And that it took place on Earth instead of on Mars. That’s about it.

My favorite power was what I called the Kool-Aid man power. You hit it, and it thrust you forward, even through walls, like the Kool Aid man in those commercials.

If you’re interested you can sign up for a closed beta of Path of Exiles here:

I understand invites are going out but I haven’t received one. Good luck if you do sign up.

Thanks for posting!

Yeah RF Guerrilla was a ton of fun. Would be nice to finish it :(

Hey guys, my son is coming to visit. Can he somehow access his games (and saves) on my Xbox One S, or does he have to lug his original Xbox One and power brick cross country?

He simply need to sign in with his gamer tag. This assumes digital purchases. For games he plays from disc, he needs the disc (or your copy) to play them.

Even for disc purchases though, all his saved games will be there, since on Xbox One the disc simply serves as a license to the exact same bits as you get with a digital purchase, and all saves are uploaded to Xbox Live automatically.

So:

• For digital purchases - if you already have the game downloaded, and he logs in with his account, his saves will automatically sync over

• For any digital games you don’t have, he can download them to your console once he logs in with his account

• For any disc games you or he has, his saves will show up once he logs in

That’s what I meant to convey, but much better explained. :) Thanks @LMN8R.