The XBOX One

I loved the first Fable - would definitely recommend it. I’m sure the physical version is pretty cheap.

Oh hey, free Xbox Live Gold this weekend, y’all. Go out there and play some multiplayer or something.

My power brick is dead (light stay orange forever).

I am Canadian. I went to myservice.xbox.com/en-ca and paid $40 to send in my power brick for a new one

In order to send in my power brick myservice.xbox.com is supposed to send me an email with the shipping address to send my defunct power supply. Never received the email. Spam folder empty.

Don’t want to be onhold forever. Anyone know the correct address for Canadians?

The Fall Update is now out, and I installed it. (If it doesn’t automatically prompt you to update, go to settings).

I really like the UI now. But I really hope they lock this down for a while; they seriously did a big overhaul already this year.

I think my favorite thing about this update is you can hit the guide button then go to the bottom of the flyout menu and access all the free GwG games. Just in case you’re the kind of person to forget to claim your games.

I’m a huge fan of the new guide specifically. The dashboard is fine, probably the best yet, but I honestly don’t even use it much anymore since the guide can do practically everything now.

Cities Skyline has a free weekend with gold.

I like these offers popping up right on the new home screen.

Glad I tried EA Access. I really enjoyed Mirrors Edge Catalyst, Battlefield Hardline & the Titanfalls. Mass Effect Andromeda is on there now, first few hours have been fun. @divedivedive your leaderboard times in Catalyst are crazy. I never came close to any of them.

Seriously?

I now have to download Catalyst and see if I can beat him.

Challenge accepted! I really liked Catalyst but overall felt a little let down. I don’t think being an open world game really worked here, and that’s something I rarely say. There was just not much going on. The missions though, and the challenges - great fun.

Anyway, I’m going to start poking the resident MS dudes for more OG Xbox backcompat info. We know it’s coming but that’s about it. Anyone talking dates? Will we be able to test it out in early release? Throw me a bone here!

Alas, no bones can be thrown until official announcements are made about the throwing of said bones. :)

Very well then, I shall shamelessly post rumors. Reddit has had some speculation and observations about OG Xbox backward comparability, here’s one item:

Apparently five games have been identified as candidates, I was only aware that Crimson Skies and Fusion Frenzy had been identified. Still I wonder how multiplayer will work, or will it even be implemented? I remember they shut down OG XBL a while back, there were all those Halo 2 players who kind of held the service “hostage” since they couldn’t shut it down while it was in use I think? Anyway, wonder if it’s even possible to, I don’t know, switch it back on?

And here’s one that is not a rumor (I think):

Hahah! Dead to Rights! I forgot all about that game. I rented that when it came out. What a piece of s***. But it was horrible in a fun way. It was one of those rare MST3K type situations where a game is so bad that it’s funny and you play it and make fun of everything and laugh at how horrible it is.

Lol Bloodrayne. I’ll wear your flesh like lederhosen!

No JSRF :(

Not yet, but this looks like a first wave. Though I have to wonder if music licensing might cause issues with tat title.

JSRF works on 360 so I wonder what the problem is.

Unknown. May not be a problem. I’m just speculating about potential licensing issues, since one of the things that can cause difficulty is the soundtrack, with licensed music like in GTA and such. On the upside, the publisher for JSRF is Sega, and they’ve had a bunch of stuff on 360 made available for back compat on the Xbone, so even if there is a problem (and again, no idea) hopefully they can sort it out.

I mean for that matter, no MechAssault on that list. Seems like a no-brainer, so hopefully we’ll be seeing more show up soon.

You may be right. When they rereleased JSR on 360, PC, they removed all the licensed music. You can’t get the licensed music off a DVD that shipped 15 years ago.

Actually they only removed two licensed songs. The rest were all there.

I’m really hoping for JSRF, because the 360 backwards compatibility was so bad that some levels are barely playable.