The XBOX One

Whoa, impressive hours played stat there, cowboy! Of course I had to go and check out my stats -

552 total hours played, of which genres composed were 346 hours of action/adventure, 111 were RPG and 84 were shooter. Kinda vague. Most played games were:

1. Mass Effect Andromeda
  2. Star Trek Online
  3. GTA IV (ha!)
  4. Diablo 3
  5. Destiny 2

Also apparently in my region, I’m in the top 1% for gamerscore and achievements. And considering I live in Seattle, that’s probably not a stat to be proud of.

Heh, never knew about this.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
Skyrim Special Edition
Mirros’s Edge
Dragon Age: Origins
Divinity: Original Sin

Total hours: 346

240 RPG
97 Action/Adventure
3 Strategy

My 14 year old daughter played Mirror’s Edge - guess it tallied from before i created a separate account for her (she never uses the XBox but she got hooked on Mirror’s Edge which was a free GwG game and asked for the sequel which she also finished. I haven’t finished a game in two years so she’s making me look bad. Then again, I haven’t even been gaming all that much lately.

Pretty sure 200 of those RPG hours were Diablo 3.

I never knew it, either. Thanks, @Gigglemoo!

My list:

WARFRAME
DESTINY 2
THE ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE
THE WITCHER 3
MORDHEIM

619 hours played. Ouch.

The first two aren’t that surprising. I am surprised ESO got more time than W3- I didn’t think I played it that long. I do need to get back to Mordheim someday, and I’m mildly surprised to see it on the list- I’d have assumed Subnautica, or Astroneer or ARK, one of those early access survival games.

OH - how does Mordheim run on a console? it was extremely slow in loading on PC which kinda killed the game for me.

01.01.17-10.31.17
Shadows of War would easily be #1 with at least 100 extra hours of gameplay if this counted my November gaming.

DARK SOULS 3
SHADOW OF WAR
INJUSTICE 2
WATCH DOGS®2
HAS-BEEN HEROES

244 Action Adventure
143 RPG
97 Shooter

TWITCH APP 7605473 Hours

I don’t completely remember. Something tells me they were long, at least getting into/out of missions. While in the mission, the game ran well enough, IIRC. I think I got through 2 of 3 chapters in the Human mercenary campaign.

How is this a year in review when it only looks at 10 months of the year?

My Top 5:

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
Mass Effect™: Andromeda
Destiny 2
Lords of the Fallen
Forza Horizon 3

Good point @ioticus. I bet Wolfenstein II would be on this list if the time frame didn’t stop on 10/31/17.
Total: 345 hours in 304 days (since it’s only through October), averaging above an hour a day of games now. That’s cool.

Clearly my gaming has no rhyme or reason, except I loves the BC.

1 GTA IV
2 Assassin’s Creed III
3 Zuma’s Revenge!
4 Mass Effect
5 Pinball FX2

Ahem, 1126 hours. Guess I need to spread the love to my other systems. Maybe it’s counting video apps too?

Nope. I have about 226 hours of gaming for the year. I’m pretty sure we have at least twice that for the year on Netflix, YouTube, twitch, mixer, … On my account.

So the 226 hours are very likely only for apps in the games category.

Yeah, my number would be way higher if it was counting Netflix, Hulu, Plex, OneGuide, etc.

1126 hours in 304 days. That’s 3.7 hours/day. Nice. Also, well done on actually using the shit out of backwards compatibility, just to show up that report earlier in the year that no one was using BC.

Yeah, it’s kind of been my chill activity after work, but I suspect there’s some idle time in there too. I’m prone to pausing and walking away to do stuff.

You guys are seriously impressive, I thought I was the hardcore Xbox user in these parts. Gotta step things up in 2018, looks like.

How is Has-been Heroes? Worth getting in the next Xbox sale? I didn’t know we had someone at Qt3 with personal experience with the Xbox version.

465 hours total:
301 RPG
110 Action Adventure
20 Shooter

MOST PLAYED GAMES
NEVERWINTER
DRAGON’S DOGMA: DARK ARISEN
DIABLO III: REAPER OF SOULS
MARVEL: ULTIMATE ALLIANCE
PLANTS VS. ZOMBIES™ GARDEN WARFARE 2

Here’s a funny article about this. I find it amusing that the writer thinks it’s creepy that Microsoft tracks this data. I remember when Valve tunes the difficulty in an encounter in Half Life 2 because folks were getting stuck there.

Also, it’s funny how they call Major Nelson’s hundred thousand gamerscore “huge”, I’m closing in on two hundred K.

I played it a ton, but I think it appealed more to my compulsion to grind than any fun center I have in my brain.

It’s a solid game, but my biggest complaint with it is how much of my success specifically depended on good item drops/availability during my runs. It’s a roguelike of sorts, so loot varies, but if you don’t get solid or synergistic chest/store items you could end up spending 20+ minutes trying to chip away at hit point bars during certain boss fights or other encounters.

It was well worth the money I spent, but when none of my loot synergises it becomes an epic slog the further I get in a run, until I’m simply getting overwhelmed by stuff I can’t efficiently kill.

Thanks. Consider me warned off. It definitely doesn’t sound like my cup of tea.

312 Hours

Top 5:

Destiny
Destiny 2
The Witcher 3
Tom Clancy's The Division
Prey

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/live/year-in-review/?ocid=YIR_ema_omc_xbo

I’m so glad I made the switch to console gaming last year after over 35 years of PC gaming. Much less headaches (literally and figuratively), I can game for longer hours at a time on the recliner and there are less compatibility issues and glitches to deal with.