The XBOX One

Thanks! That’s what I did for Dragon Age 2. There were piles at Gamestop, so it was $10. Which is still a bit high, but better than anything I could find online at the time.

Anything with huge print runs like this is available for a song used. I have four copies each of various Halo games specifically for system link and each one other than the one I got when it shipped cost me like $8 or less.

So if anyone received the preorder and is wondering what the heck this game even is, check this out:

Finally!! Hopefully this gives a bit of a boost to online multiplayer numbers.

Multiplayer in 360 BC games was supposed to be a cheater’s/hacker’s dream world. I wonder if that’s still so.

I’ve found quite a bit in the 360 version anyway so won’t be much different I hope.

Planned VR on XBOX One… is dead.

That is super disappointing, but not surprising in the least after no mention of it at E3. I just know I’m never going to put together a gaming PC again, and I’d like to try this stuff out. Getting an XboneX and a VR rig was going to be my only option. Looks like it’ll be next gen at the earliest.

Did Sony even have a big VR presence at E3? Anything major?

Back in May, Sony told investors PS VR was growing below expectations:

Sounds like it’s not exactly a run away success. It’s not surprising to see MS not commit to it right now.

Don’t think so. The Squanch Games project that was briefly shown during the press conference is a PSVR endeavor, but I’d consider it a fig leaf.

Dayum:

There’s a new xbox quest thingy to add 5 friends this week for “mystery bonus content”.
We’re Kwizzam on there if anyone needs a +1.

Free play weekend:

• 7 days to die
  • Killing Floor 2
  • Pro Evo Soccer 18 (also in gamepass)

Returned to gamepass:

• A World for Keflings
  • D4
  • Hexic 2
  • Iron Brigade
  • Jetpack Refueled
  • Joe Danger 2
  • Monaco
  • Monday Night Combat
  • N+
  • Roundabout (fun and weird!)
  • Stacking
  • The Maw

Games leaving next week:

• Bard’s Gold
  • Monaco
  • Resident Evil 6

I saw that quest, and I was thinking “I think I already have all my real friends and Qt3 friends on my friends list, I don’t want to add random strangers”.

I’ll check tonight to see if Kwizzam is on my friends list. It doesn’t sound familiar! Yay!

lol

I pointed this out in the State of Decay 2 thread but I think it bears mentioning here - SoD2 was the highest selling game for May. Microsoft has claimed it has internal data telling them that Game Pass is strengthening game sales rather than siphoning from them, and I guess this is the proof. Kind of nuts though.

Hey! I felt kind of burned when that went off the pass on the 30th rather than the 31st. Time to go back and finish up.

I tried out Black Ops II a couple of months ago and I only got hacked lobbies.

Edit: I don’t think the issue is 360 BC, but mostly that the CoD games have shitty net code and are easily hackable.

Ha! Yeah, that popped up today for me on YouTube. It’s a good ad.

Yeah, unless we have a world of parallel universes in which we can A/B test, we’ll never be able to say with absolute certainty. But now with Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 both topping the charts in their respective months despite also being available in Game Pass really undercuts the presumption that Game Pass would kill full-priced copies.

SoD2 hitting #1 is even more impressive once you realize that NPD’s chart tracks revenue, not unit sales, so its $30 means it had to sell ~2x when the 2nd place game did if it was full price in order to get there.