The XBOX One

Did Sony even have a big VR presence at E3? Anything major?

Back in May, Sony told investors PS VR was growing below expectations:

Sounds like it’s not exactly a run away success. It’s not surprising to see MS not commit to it right now.

Don’t think so. The Squanch Games project that was briefly shown during the press conference is a PSVR endeavor, but I’d consider it a fig leaf.

Dayum:

There’s a new xbox quest thingy to add 5 friends this week for “mystery bonus content”.
We’re Kwizzam on there if anyone needs a +1.

Free play weekend:

• 7 days to die
  • Killing Floor 2
  • Pro Evo Soccer 18 (also in gamepass)

Returned to gamepass:

• A World for Keflings
  • D4
  • Hexic 2
  • Iron Brigade
  • Jetpack Refueled
  • Joe Danger 2
  • Monaco
  • Monday Night Combat
  • N+
  • Roundabout (fun and weird!)
  • Stacking
  • The Maw

Games leaving next week:

• Bard’s Gold
  • Monaco
  • Resident Evil 6

I saw that quest, and I was thinking “I think I already have all my real friends and Qt3 friends on my friends list, I don’t want to add random strangers”.

I’ll check tonight to see if Kwizzam is on my friends list. It doesn’t sound familiar! Yay!

lol

I pointed this out in the State of Decay 2 thread but I think it bears mentioning here - SoD2 was the highest selling game for May. Microsoft has claimed it has internal data telling them that Game Pass is strengthening game sales rather than siphoning from them, and I guess this is the proof. Kind of nuts though.

Hey! I felt kind of burned when that went off the pass on the 30th rather than the 31st. Time to go back and finish up.

I tried out Black Ops II a couple of months ago and I only got hacked lobbies.

Edit: I don’t think the issue is 360 BC, but mostly that the CoD games have shitty net code and are easily hackable.

Ha! Yeah, that popped up today for me on YouTube. It’s a good ad.

Yeah, unless we have a world of parallel universes in which we can A/B test, we’ll never be able to say with absolute certainty. But now with Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 both topping the charts in their respective months despite also being available in Game Pass really undercuts the presumption that Game Pass would kill full-priced copies.

SoD2 hitting #1 is even more impressive once you realize that NPD’s chart tracks revenue, not unit sales, so its $30 means it had to sell ~2x when the 2nd place game did if it was full price in order to get there.

Here I am, sitting here staring at a screen telling me my pre-ordered copy of NieR:Automata is due to unlock on the 25th. Well, it’s the 25th and I can’t play… oh wait, what’s this? It’s due to unlock at 9pm PST?

What the hell? Why did Microsoft change this? Why not call this the 26th (midnight EST) like they used to? I got bamboozled by this new formatting.

Thought this was interesting:

Technically it’s a demo, they’re saying, so no achievements. Not that it affects my interest, just thought it was worth mentioning.

Specific time gated releases has been a trend for a while now. At Blizzard we knew North America came online at 9PM Pacific / Midnight Eastern for a launch. Doing it this way helped us (theoretically) prepare for the release.

Unlock times are 100% up to the game developer to decide, and Microsoft offers them the tools to do whatever kind of release they’d like. Sometimes developers choose a worldwide simultaneously release, other developers choose a rolling release which gradually unlocks over time in each territory.

The store page will show you whatever your personal unlock time is depending on how the developer configured it.

Just a few more days until it’s July, will Next Up Hero still be released this month as part of the game pass?

OMG. I’m going to be playing so much SWOS.

Surprised we haven’t yet gotten a July GwG announcement. Gotta be imminent.