The XBOX One

Cool. Another reason to sign up for the vault again at some point, aside from playing Dead Space 3 (once I finish Dead Space 2 of course).

I did originally rent Dante’s Inferno when it first came out and made it about 5 hours into the game. It is a decent God of War clone, basically. At the time, I had just played both God of War 1 and 2 back to back, and was kind of tired of that whole thing. But it’s been a while now, I’ll probably respond better to it now.

That game always looked like total crap to me. Come on, a video game version of The Divine Comedy? You’ll have to let us know if I’m wrong.

That game always looked like total crap to me. Come on, a video game version of The Divine Comedy? You’ll have to let us know if I’m wrong.

Edit: what the fuck does “body of content is too similar to something I’ve already posted” mean?

Edit: oh weird

Double post! That’s what it means.

Yeah, the whole Dante’s Inferno setting is just the flavor. Basically it’s a God of War clone. The rest is just an excuse. From what I recall of the first few hours, you play a guy who is part of the Crusades into muslim lands, and he goes back from the Crusades, and yada yada, wife pulled into hell, yada yada, he goes through the layers of hell to try to find her. Or something like that.

“Body of Content” should totally be a Ti West retro-styled erotic thriller homage about Youtubers.

I feel like they use the language every sale and yet there are still games with much deeper discounts. No idea why.

I really enjoyed Dante’s Inferno. Don’t play with kids around. Lots of nudity.

Some of the levels and bosses are really cool. Some are.really gross. The “Lust” stage with the Cleopatra boss is something I can’t say I’ve seen in any other game.

The last fifth gets pretty bad. Arena challenges instead of cool dungeons & boss fights that are way too difficult (imo).

Highly recommend playing it on easy if you want to see the end. Looks like we can change the difficulty on 360. I think I’ll try to do a replay the next time I get EA Access. :)

I never thought I’d be here, but I think I’m here – seriously considering going (mostly) digital with my games library, and on the XBox One. It’s funny since I switched from 360 main to PS4 main this generation early due to the digital-only stance of the XBox One. Five or so years later they have the more powerful console, better cross platform support, an amazing service in Game Pass, and by far (it isn’t even close!) the healthiest approach to BC of all of the consoles. It is the last two (and being increasingly lazy as I get older) that has me considering digital only – buying games that leave Game Pass before I finish them (sigh, I really should’ve finished Mad Max when I had the chance) and a trust that the next generation my purchases should just work. Anyone else where I’m at? If only I hadn’t bought so many games on the PS4 that I wish I had on the XBox One. =/

Welcome back to the M$ hive, dude! While I never owned a PS4 I have gone mostly digital this gen - just a couple really nice steelbooks for Witcher 3 and ME Andromeda that I couldn’t pass up. Between Game Pass, Games with Gold and just accumulating stuff over the last ten years I’ve got over 500 games in my digital library. It’s kind of nuts.

Haha, yeah – been drifting back to the hive for quite some time (after all I have two Surfaces, an old Windows Phone, a Zune, and was a Creator’s Club member for years so I’ve always liked MS stuff) but this realization that maybe, just maybe I don’t need physical for every single game is new. I think completely having to empty my house to scrape popcorn and replace carpet last month was the deal breaker. I’m just so sick of stuff. I look at a pile of 200+ games that I will likely never get around to playing nor selling and it just takes up space. I was hanging on to some thinking “well, they may get the BC treatment”, but even those that have I think I’d rather just buy cheap digitally so I’m not constantly swapping discs. Maybe it is just me being lazy. =)

Oh yeah, I’ve totally swapped out a game I own a physical copy of for digital. The thing with me is that my wife just cannot abide big piles or whatever, and I tend to accumulate them, whether movies, games or cds. So digital stuff is win/win for us, she doesn’t even hassle me if I buy a new game but she doesn’t have to see it. Though if she knew how much I bought, that might change …

I did an similar switch. The power of the XB1X, HDR, Xbox’s sync for saved games, and the cost effectiveness of GamePass made it the best choice for me and my kids.

I can totally dig not needing stuff. I’ve been trending that way for years. If you scroll up a bit, I had a similar rant in this thread a few weeks ago- almost all my Xbone games are digital- something I wouldn’t have considered a few years ago.

Similarly, I’ve been getting rid of other stuff. Every year I take another pile of books to the local second-hand store to donate/trade in. Most of them, if I feel the need to read again, I’ll grab a cheap kindle copy. The biggest in this regard had been tabletop RPG books. I keep a solid eye on bundleofholding.com and pick up any neat-sounding bundles. I have a great RPG collection, but almost no physical copies. I still have my ever-growing boardgame collecting, though. Sigh.

I can’t get rid of books. I buy stuff digital, especially if the price is right, but all the books I’ve accumulated over a lifetime feel like more than just possessions. I admit I have certain packrat tendencies, though I’ve managed to mostly go digital in other areas. Books are just … different.

Yeah, books are troublesome that way. Love them, but my god they are a serious pain in the ass if you move. There’s a reason why book boxes are so damn small; if you try and load up a regular moving box with books you need to be a bodybuilder to lift it.

Yeah, moving is certainly part of it. And I haven’t gotten rid of all my books- I still have at least one floor-to-ceiling, 5’ wide bookshelf stuffed to the gills, not to mention my other bookshelf just for cookbooks. I keep the ones I love, but I go through a lot of books, though less now with digital.

It’s a sickness. I grew up loving books because they were a gateway to knowledge and stories way before the internet put that in everyone’s pocket. I can’t bring myself to write in them or highlight them unless it’s a textbook. I get ticked when people bend the spines on them. I still remember who borrowed one 20 years ago and never gave it back. Well, that and my Del Fuegos albums.

Oh man, that’s a pet peeve of mine too. I remember someone once looked through my books and laughed at me, asked why I had all these books if I never read them. I had to ask what they meant? And it was because the spines weren’t broken. Just blows my mind that people can’t take basic precautions to preserve a book.

It’s weird. I don’t own a single physical game for my Xbox One. The fact that Microsoft Rewards enables me to get a bunch of free microsoft store credit, combined with seeing a bunch of deals on ebay or whatever for discounted microsoft store gift cards, combined with digital sales, makes it cheaper (or at least almost as cheap) to just get stuff digitally instead of physically.

Haha, and as a guy who does bookbinding as a hobby, a have no qualms about beating my books up. I bend the spines, roll the cover back on large-format books, etc. I almost immediately ditch any dust jacket on a hardback- sometimes they make it back on the book when I’m finished with it, more often they end up in the trash. Books are things. I use things. I don’t sleeve my cards on boardgames, either. I’m a monster.