The XBOX One

If you hold the Xbox button (popping up the power options) do you see an option to submit feedback?

One thing this BC sale reminds me of, is how insanely many 360 games I already own, and I don’t even want to think of how much money I’ve spent on them. I still bought Portal 2 for the third time though.

I’m having a contrasting experience. I was just thinking last night how the Back Compat sale is one of the best sales on the Xbox in a long time. I purchased way too many games this sale since the One is the first Xbox console I have ever owned. I’ve been fleshing out my library with all these games I missed out on their first go around. It’s great that most titles are sub $5. I can’t wait to try out the Shadowrun FPS that I have heard a lot about.

You’ve heard… good things?

Me and my friends had a mixed reaction to that one. One of us loved it, the others, including me, didn’t end up liking it. It’s certainly different and requires a lot of skill. Warping through walls and such, those kinds of things when done properly make for very cool stories post-game.

Yeah, this would be a treasure trove I imagine. Like Brakara, I own nearly all of the games on this sale. Sometimes I own them on disc, and the question becomes “should I get a digital copy too, since it’s only $3, that way I don’t have to look for the disc?”

Slightly different topic, but staying with Backwards compatibility, Digital Foundry posted a video this weekend of Quake 2, and they reminded me that the 360 port of Quake 2 (which came on a bonus disc for Quake 4, which was a launch title on the 360 in Nov 2005) was a 1080p60fps game that still holds up and feels really good on the 360.

That game never became available as a digital purchase, sadly, so I’d have to hunt down a physical copy of Quake 4 with the bonus disc to play it. And I really wish that was added to backward compatibility too. At least the Quake 2 bonus disc. I don’t really care about the 360 version of Quake 4.

Any where of finding out any thoughts on what is next to be BC. A few games I would like especially tiger Woods 2014.

Hmmmm, I thought so…but I could be incorrectly remembering the chatter about that game, lol. For $3.74 I thought I would take the plunge and even play with bots if need be. Maybe it’s a cult-following type of game.

Nope, those folks do not tip their hand. It’s pretty much a surprise every week.

Sports games generally don’t come to BC, which I think is for two reasons: 1) publishers want to sell you their latest title in the series, and, more importantly I think, 2) licensing issues.

This sale has reminded me of how shitty the Xbox store interface is.

Definitely. It’s much easier to find sales you’re interested in Cheapassgamer, and then use their links to Xbox.com and make the purchases there.

Thanks, might just get my Xbox360 out of the loft and buy a copy be easier.

And make those purchases slowly, one by one, if you want multiple games. What a complete joke in 2017.

Backwards compatibility sale: I noticed today on the Xbox store that Dead Space 2 and 3 are on sale for $6.59 each. I’m not biting though, because I just KNOW they have to be added to EA Access at some point.

I bought 'em, but then I don’t do EA Access. Bought Fallout 3 and New Vegas too - all games I had owned and played previously but kind of wanted to have copies handy since they’re back compat. I really like the idea that they may continue to be viable through future generations now, I think that’s really cool.

Yeah, that is really cool. You have kids, right? Do they have a way of hiding the M-rated games from your library when a kid account is browsing it on your home Xbox, looking for something to install? I’m assuming they do, but never looked into it or thought about it before.

Not sure - I do have kids, but they aren’t quite able to start up the Xbox and play their own games. But it won’t be long, I’m sure.

No, just power for the Xbox and controller.

Yeah, sounds like everything is configured correctly, but for some reason updates just aren’t getting installed automatically when they’re available.

I don’t think updates come out that frequently for ordinary customers, maybe once a month tops, are you seeing updates happen more frequently than that?

No. It’s just that when they do come out it’s a 20 minute inconvenience.